Renew Drivers License

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I always renew mine in May (after the 21st) which is just under 6 months of my birthday.

My wife's is in May and we do both of them at the same time.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Any rule on how early you renew ?

60 days - 90 days ??
Just did mine this week 5 days before my birthday.
Go to Ban Reservas with cedula and current Driver's license.
Pay 1900 pesos.
Go to Intranet office (I went in Puerto Plata on Monday at 10 AM). Only 3 people in front of me.
Give your Ban Reservas receipt to girl at front.
They'll call you.
Do a audio check - really faint sounds, do an eye test in machine, they do a flash bulb test and see how quick you can recover to read the letters - kind of dumb. I couldn't see smallest but OK with 2nd smallest. All done in one room.
Get photo taken (damn I'm still ugly).
Done - in & out in under 30 minutes.
Easy Peazy.

• Haha
Reactions: AlaPlaya

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Do a audio check - really faint sounds, do an eye test in machine, they do a flash bulb test and see how quick you can recover to read the letters - kind of dumb. I couldn't see smallest but OK with 2nd smallest. All done in one room.
Oh oh, they figured out how to beat my trick of memorizing a line while I wait for them.

I shouldn't put this out there, but what happens if one day I can't renew my license? I'm gonna keep driving anyway. I don't think I've shown mine to an officer of the law in 10 years.

And what are they going to do if they catch me driving without a valid license?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Oh oh, they figured out how to beat my trick of memorizing a line while I wait for them.

I shouldn't put this out there, but what happens if one day I can't renew my license? I'm gonna keep driving anyway. I don't think I've shown mine to an officer of the law in 10 years.

And what are they going to do if they catch me driving without a valid license?
They will beat you like a pinata at a child's party, like Juan beating the owner's son at Kings Sports bar on Pedro Clisante, like a red-headed step child, like the family mule... like Pee Wee Herman did in the movie theater?

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
They will beat you like a pinata at a child's party, like Juan beating the owner's son at Kings Sports bar on Pedro Clisante, like a red-headed step child, like the family mule... like Pee Wee Herman did in the movie theater?
that didn't make Peewee a bad guy he was just in the wrong theater to be doing that

Reactions: chico bill