Van Gogh Experience in Santo Domingo

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Van-Gogh-Immersive-Art-Experienca-UEPA-Tickets-1024x667.png

Santo Domingo is a city of events. Coming next is the international exhibit of the Van Gogh Experience, an opportunity to step into the works of Dutch master painter Vincent Van Gogh.

Since 2017, the Van Gogh Immersive Experience has been shown in cities around the world. The experience now opens in Santo Domingo at the grounds of the Plaza de la Cultura. Admission is RD$600. The exhibition opens on Friday, 5 April 2024. Tickets are available at the site and online at Uepa Tickets.

The Van Gogh Experience is a way to explore the life of one of the greatest artists of all time through the immersive 360º digital art exhibition. Using state-of-the-art technology, visitors can get up close to recreations of Van Gogh’s work, step into a virtual reality interactive of his bedroom and discover the inspiration behind eight of his iconic works.

The Van Gogh...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: keepcoming and tee

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I have tickets for Monday 8th. I was trying to buy tickets almost 2 weeks ago for either Saturday 6th or Sunday 7th but they were all sold out. I tried for the following weekend and they were also sold out. Looks like this will be a popular event, can't wait to see it! You can buy tickets here:

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
If anyone has the chance to see it, please do. I have seen the one they had in Los Angeles, and it was very good.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
My brother and I owned a business in his birth town Zundert, Netherlands.
It was a shame to see they didnt even have a place to remind our great painter.
I've been to the Van Gogh museum a few times. The Vondel area too. Well worth the time for anyone traveling in that part of western Europe.

The expo was held in Jacskonville, FL late last year but I was back home in Santiago by then so I missed it. From what I understand it has been traveling around the world since the mid-2000s. Good they are making a stop in the DR. Does anyone know which of his works will be on display?

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
My brother and I owned a business in his birth town Zundert, Netherlands.
It was a shame to see they didnt even have a place to remind our great painter.
Later on, a couple of years ago. Someone bought the house where he was born and made it a bar/restaurant.

Attachments

• IMG_0570.jpeg
    IMG_0570.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21