1 in 4 Dominicans think it’s OK to beat their wife

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
That ratio is too high. It should be 0 in 4.

Then the cops are called on these “rambos” and they turn into wimps while the police is there. Their true nature comes out when they are facing possible repercussion for what they know is wrong. If they thought they were doing nothing wrong, why the change? :unsure:

Ownership of anyone else ended a long time ago. Let that sink in.

JGHjpWv.jpg

El Caribe, p 5.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
That's just not how I was raised. My father never lifted his hand to my mom once, even in an idle threat. Once I llifted my hand to my ex because I was pissed but couldn't bring it down. There are some things you just can't do.

Any guy that hits a woman is something that's not obviously self defense is a true POS.

Reactions: slinger and Lucifer

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
And the highest percentage of folks in Latin America with the opinion that men are superior to women as political leaders - Super-duper mucho macho society

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
And the highest percentage of folks in Latin America with the opinion that men are superior to women as political leaders - Super-duper mucho macho society
I am sorry to hear that. I was about to say I didn’t believe the 1 out of 4 stat but maybe I just don’t know enough. Living in a bubble when I am here. On another thread we discussed Carolina Mejia if she is a possible presidential candidate for the future. I thought she might be but I am seeing here that maybe not.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
You would be suprised at how many Dominican women agree.
Bob is speaking FACTS and FACTS don't care about feelings !!! A friend of mine did a Paternity test with all three Children from a marriage with the same women. All three turned out negative. I'm pretty sure you can include him into this statistic.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
I am sorry to hear that. I was about to say I didn’t believe the 1 out of 4 stat but maybe I just don’t know enough. Living in a bubble when I am here. On another thread we discussed Carolina Mejia if she is a possible presidential candidate for the future. I thought she might be but I am seeing here that maybe not.
Considering that her father still hods sway in the ruling party, I'd think she'd be a contender within the PRM for '28.

A 2028 presidential ticket consisting of C. Mejía and Faride Raful as her running mate would place the D.R. in the world stage.
I'd work as a volunteer, provided I hadn't given up the ghost by then.

Reactions: aarhus

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
My father used to always tell me no one is above an asswhoopin and that they come in all shapes and sizes regardless of whether or not your a man or a women.

Dominican culture is very different from where most of us grew up. I've seen plenty of women put themselves in positions that garnered a less than favorable outcome. Such is life. You live and hopefully learn from your mistakes.

Never put your hands on another person period and if/ when you ever cross that line, you'd better be prepared for whatever happens next.

As far as beating a women for the sake of beating them (like its some type of sport) is concerned, it's a bad idea, not cool and doesn't really address whatever the underlying issues are. If you can't communicate with her in a civilized manner, for whatever the reason, then you probably shouldn't be with her.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I do not believe this statistic. Number one , some of these women are in awesome physical condition and are by no means delicate flowers. I know that men still have the physically strength edge, but I would not want to tangle with many of these women during a heated argument. Physical confrontations with woman is for losers!

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Question: Is spanking her backside roughly during a romantic episode is excused ?
Asking for a friend

Considering that her father still hods sway in the ruling party, I'd think she'd be a contender within the PRM for '28.

A 2028 presidential ticket consisting of C. Mejía and Faride Raful as her running mate would place the D.R. in the world stage.
I'd work as a volunteer, provided I hadn't given up the ghost by then.
Haha. I think a woman candidate would be good for the DR. But two women on the ticket I don’t think will be possible. I don’t know why Chicos post was included. I think I was going to comment but I didn’t. I was posting if she likes it and says yes. Why not

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I do not believe this statistic. Number one , some of these women are in awesome physical condition and are by no means delicate flowers. I know that men still have the physically strength edge, but I would not want to tangle with many of these women during a heated argument. Physical confrontations with woman is for losers!
I agree here.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Times are changing in DR. I think that statistic is outdated, true a couple of decades ago. I agree with you because I’ve seen it myself. In our campo there is a lot of physical contact, but it’s the women who get the best of the men. Several have been stabbed, one to death. Now it’s possible it’s in retaliation for being hit themselves, but I don’t think so. I wouldn’t want to tangle with the any of my female neighbors.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
I have a sad story to tell you. A local woman had the sh&t beat out of her many times. The last time was severe. Recently it was rumored that she left for Puerto Rico. I was not sure it was true until we looked into local schools for my daughter. When we were there, a little girl who I recognized as her daughter was waving and smiling at me. When I asked about her mother, they said she dropped off her daughter at school in the morning, and gave instructions to the older daughter to pick her up with the pisola in the afternoon. Nobody showed up to pick up the girl in the afternoon and the owner of the school had no other contact info for the girl’s family. The mom left without saying goodbye. I cannot imaging even leaving for the supermarket without saying goodbye to my daughter. I wish the best to all involved in this sad situation and to the father I hope he rots in hell and on earth.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Was s
I have a sad story to tell you. A local woman had the sh&t beat out of her many times. The last time was severe. Recently it was rumored that she left for Puerto Rico. I was not sure it was true until we looked into local schools for my daughter. When we were there, a little girl who I recognized as her daughter was waving and smiling at me. When I asked about her mother, they said she dropped off her daughter at school in the morning, and gave instructions to the older daughter to pick her up with the pisola in the afternoon. Nobody showed up to pick up the girl in the afternoon and the owner of the school had no other contact info for the girl’s family. The mom left without saying goodbye. I cannot imaging even leaving for the supermarket without saying goodbye to my daughter. I wish the best to all involved in this sad situation and to the father I hope he rots in hell and on earth.
Was she so scared her husband finding out about her leaving / her escape that she didnt even dare tell her daughter ?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Was s

Was she so scared her husband finding out about her leaving / her escape that she didnt even dare tell her daughter ?

Either that or (God forbid) she didn’t leave, she may be buried somewhere like Matilda. Who leaves behind daughters with a violent father?

• Sad
Reactions: CristoRey