135 curves of Motorcycle Heaven

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
No leathers, no gloves and one half of rear view mirrors set? Full face helmet is good. Nice video. Thanks

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Here is the beautiful piece of off-roading that I've done on this island--it goes through a national park and is the highest elevation road on the island with the most spectacular views i've seen here:

[video=youtube_share;h2W9kXuLALM]http://youtu.be/h2W9kXuLALM?list=UUwqGtCbKPC0n50nraMPtNCA[/video]

I would like to do this trail on my ATV. Was looking at the map, where do you cut over from the Constanza-Sabana Larga highway to Guayabal? I don't see a trail there on google maps, and on bing maps there are a bunch of small trails which may be just walking trails (from my experience with bing maps, they could be passable with ATV or just an impassable donkey trail).

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
you have to drive the road from constanza to padre las casas, this is really adventure!!!!

Hey where do you cut over from the Constanza-Sabana Larga highway over to Guayabal? You said there were two ways via an EEnduro, are the trails wide enough for ATV's and which one is the easier one, and how do I find it?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Conchman,

Which model ATV do you have?

Frank

I have 2 Yamaha Raptor 700R, a 2013 (shown) and a 2008 model.

24g8z1d.jpg

Harleyssuck

Jul 24, 2014
I would love to ride the 135 curves on my victory and leave Haley in the dust. Looks like an awesome ride

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Here's a video i shot of the same route, but with a helmet camera...it gives a better idea of the road conditions:

[video=youtube_share;TYjWvyjLgx4]http://youtu.be/TYjWvyjLgx4[/video]

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Cant watch video due to music copyright issues.

I think i fixed it. Let me know.

By, the way, your Quads are the best on the market in my opinion: "Yamaha 700 Raptors" are sweet!And perfect for the mountains dirt roads.

Frank

Buzz104

Apr 5, 2014
I made that trip yesterday on my little cg200 and had a blast! Drove up to Constanza in the afternoon and stayed the night. Woke up the next morning and drove back home to jarabacoa at 6AM!

kts78

Nov 29, 2007
The best route from Constanza to Padre Las Casas leaves Constanza north west through Barrio El Cercado. This route has a new paved bridge over the largest river so you will not get wet (approx 40 miles). I have this mapped on google earth. The other route take the short cut to Valle nuevo Park (turn right off 41 after leaving Colonia Japonesa) as your going up the mountain take the road that turns off to the right. This route last year was not passable by atv, Dual sport bike yes but difficult and you will get wet :)

kts78

Nov 29, 2007
its about 43 miles from entrance to the park (valle Nuevo) to San Jose de Acoa. Then another 17 miles to Cruz de Acoa on route 2.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
The best route from Constanza to Padre Las Casas leaves Constanza north west through Barrio El Cercado. This route has a new paved bridge over the largest river so you will not get wet (approx 40 miles). I have this mapped on google earth.

Is that the road coming out of Constanza that starts off as Avenida General Luperon and turns into the 'Constanza-Guallabar'road on google maps? Guess you come out near El Guayabal somewhere? It seems to dead end on google maps, but you say its passable via ATV?

kts78

Nov 29, 2007
Yes that is the road-- if you know where you are going you can come out lots of different places. The closest exit to Padre Las Casas is at Las Lagunas- a little up river from El Guayabal You may get a little wet on an atv-- there are 2 skinny bridges that cross smaller creeks that you can only get bikes across, but the water is not too deep. If you have Google earth I can email you some maps that I have made. Have fun.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Does anybody know if the waterfalls Salto de Aguas Blancas, just off route 41, is reachable by ATV? There seems to be a separate trail from a restaurant called La Perla de Aguas Blancas, that goes to the waterfalls. Is this right, a restaurant in the middle of the park in the middle of nowhere, or did someone put the wrong location on google maps?