2 DR aid workers SHOT in PaP

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Remember the news is the news. They have to sell stories. They want sensationalism... LOOTING, STARVATION, CHAOS, DISASTER, POOR PLANNING is going to sell papers or have you watch their channel.

Haiti was calm today. The Haitians were respectful of each other and patiently waited for the foreign aid isn't going to create the stir that they want.

That is very encouraging news to hear - I hope the Haitians are aware that help is intended even if it is not evident to them in their hour of need (as they see it). Millions around the world are feeling pain for the Haitian community. There are, IMHO, many Dominicans who would not have felt the same way prior to this disaster.

A bridge has been gapped between two nations right now... it could have happened the other way round...

Last edited:

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Haiti was calm today. The Haitians were respectful of each other and patiently waited for the foreign aid isn't going to create the stir that they want.

And you wonder why they would even bother, since apparently no one even seems to notice when the media does report it.

The Clear Enigma

Oct 24, 2009
Just like their is something called "casualties of war",their is also something called "casualties of aid",just lets hope it occurs to a minimum so as not to dissuade well intended Samaritans from helping due to the negative press.This occurred if memory serves me well,during the infamous footage of the negroes stealing plasma tv's from the electronic stores in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina,which did a great disservice to the promptness of the aid received,because most people figured they weren't doing so bad if they had time in their hands to upgrade their furnishings.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Just like their is something called "casualties of war",their is also something called "casualties of aid",just lets hope it occurs to a minimum so as not to dissuade well intended Samaritans from helping due to the negative press.This occurred if memory serves me well,during the infamous footage of the negroes stealing plasma tv's from the electronic stores in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina,which did a great disservice to the promptness of the aid received,because most people figured they weren't doing so bad if they had time in their hands to upgrade their furnishings.

WTF, is this for real?