2 guys (foreigners) not boarded on plane Punta Cana- Brussels

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
the dogs usually get CCCCCCCCCCCCologne at the gate,

but after closer inspection (unlike our smuggling friends) ..........
they discover a small brown stripe on his underwear

analysis reveals no drugs......

free to travel , sir

who said 'clean luggage'.... its the undies that give you away...:surprised

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Once when I was returning to the great white north, someone who had made it all the way to the jetway was prevented from boarding. No idea why.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I dont know man. when I was aboard I thought that it may be some interesting stuff for DR1 users.
especially those who dont believe that something WILL actually change with new immigration rules...
but maybe I overreacted to the facts that happened at the airplane.
it is something really obvious and normal that 2 guys are not allowed to board the plane after they checked in and left their luggage....or is it not ? :pP

I get what you are saying. I have seen people being removed from a plane after seating at POP. There are a myriad of potential reasons for that happening.....as with the situation you witnessed. People have been known to have issues at immigration....did before and will in the future.

We are all overreacting to things immigration these days I guess. I know I have. Got to admit, as a group we overreact like a boss on this site. :)

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Just as a wild guess here...

The flight manifest and the passport #'s of the passengers are sent to the destination country before the flight leaves. It may be possible that there is time for that country to reply saying an individual is not wanted, inadmissible or there is a problem with their documentation.

Jelly

Nov 7, 2013
That happens a lot, actually. Almost every time we fly out of POP we are delayed - as invariably, they have to root through the luggae and take off that of people who had checked in but did not board. Always just assumed it was drug related.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
EVERY single post on this thread is pure speculation, gotta love the armchair CESAC members today!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Ok.

But the issue is NOT the Dominican embassies to deal with....as you were still in the US...and,

Section 215 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1185) states:

Citizens: Except as otherwise provided by the President and subject to such limitations and exceptions as the President may authorize and prescribe, it shall be unlawful for any citizen of the United States to depart from or enter, or attempt to depart from or enter, the United States unless he bears a valid (non-expired) United States passport.

You should never have been allowed on the plane headed to DR.....but, how did you get back into the US without an issue?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

i traveled to and from the USA, Canada, and the DR for years on an expired passport between 2001 and 2003. i still have the old passport to prove it.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
NYC-DR-Commuter already explained you how this system works and it seems that you didnt pay attention to his lesson...
Just as a wild guess here...

The flight manifest and the passport #'s of the passengers are sent to the destination country before the flight leaves. It may be possible that there is time for that country to reply saying an individual is not wanted, inadmissible or there is a problem with their documentation.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I dont know man. when I was aboard I thought that it may be some interesting stuff for DR1 users.
especially those who dont believe that something WILL actually change with new immigration rules...
but maybe I overreacted to the facts that happened at the airplane.
it is something really obvious and normal that 2 guys are not allowed to board the plane after they checked in and left their luggage....or is it not ? :pP

This will be noghing to do with immigration new regs, or they wouldn't have gotten that far. In DR the 'ping' might just be a little slower to react, or even the staff not sure what it is. They were probably wanted, by the time those idiots at the airport figured out if they let them fly to thier destination into the arms or waiting officers, or they were to be held in DR, as wanted in DR they had already been processed down to boarding.
I've seen this a couple of times, coming out the US into DR, as well as out of DR, seems the 'ping' system is pretty slow in DR, or more likely the Doms are pretty slow i reacting.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Many times leaving the RD I get held up because the Immigration either
1 Think I am a Domincan trying to fly out
2 My passport allows me to travel anywhere in the world but they don't know that and ask me for visas etc etc I usually tell them that my country is a British Territory and a part of the UK usually they call their supervisor and he explains to them that I can travel anywhere.
One time I went through immigration no problem was boarding the plane and the last lady who checks your passport saw mine and would not let me board. She was taking me to the immigration office and the boss told her you idiot he is part Of the UK let him board the plane. Needless to say I was the last to board the already late plane.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
There is no way the luggage could have got onto the plane if the two people did not have proper documentation nor if there was something suspicious in the luggage ..the bags do not go down the belt until the staff has issued a ticket and Punta Cana has great xray systems. The most likely thing that happened is that there was a hitch between the booking in and the boarding of the plane and this was most likely at the outward immigration desk after the security check. Their names may have been on an Interpol list or on the list that immigration has , that is built up from information from the various fiscals have provided and which relate to court cases . Once on that list it ,immigration is slow to take it off ,even though the case against a person may have been dismissed or the penalty paid .. What is more annoying is that the immigration at any airport say they are not authorised to say if a name is on or off the list even if a prior enquiry is made.