2 months in Santiago, where can I stay??

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
NewinSantiago said:
So, will it be easy to find a simple, furnished apartment/home in Santiago???
How about internet via cable modem?? How fast is it?
Any hotels in Santiago that have high-speed internet access in the rooms??
Colonial has high-speed internet(Verizon) and wireless.

deejboram

Sep 15, 2004
Ricardo900 said:
Colonial has high-speed internet(Verizon) and wireless.

Does Colonial have a website?
I've googled and can't find them.
If not, what are their monthly rates?

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
deejboram said:
Does Colonial have a website?
I've googled and can't find them.
If not, what are their monthly rates?
Website? Don't know, but seriously doubt it.
Monthly rates? Don't know, but for $RD500 a night it's a steal, speak to Victor or his son, they might hook you up.
809-247-3122

p.s. There is a Hotel across the street for $76RD a night, woowwww!!
cucurachas included of course. :laugh: :laugh:

NewinSantiago

May 24, 2005
Thanks Ricardo

Thanks Ricardo. Do you know if the internet access at Hotel Colonial is available from the rooms ? Also, Will it be safe to leave my laptop there when I go out to enjoy the city?? (My laptop will be kept inside my locked luggage, of course)

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Colonial has an internet center with DSL, but no wifi as far as I know. I would give victor the wifi access point if he agreed to let me install it. I may be looking to stay in STI for 2-6 months as well and would also need high speed net access. I may call alberto suites to check them out.

For wifi I always stop in a cosa nostra italian restaurant. They have high speed wifi at the bar! Cold beer and broadband. . . ..

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
They don't have WIFI in the rooms, but I saw a guest use his laptop in the front reception area. His laptop has wireless capability, so I am assuming they must have some form of wireless capabitility downstairs.
Also for those boring rainy days, they have a playstation2 :classic:

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Caba?as(?)

A very serious business lady (please read and understand ALL these three last words before thinking the wrong thing) told me that when she had to travel she ocasionally spend nights at one or the other "caba?as" complex... I can feel some of yu already :nervous:
I know, from what I understand, these "Caba?as" are places one goes to, to spend some time with a "girlfriend", lover or your wife. They shall be known to do hourly rates too..... so... Anyway, she told me that many of these are very luxurious and kept clean and that the rates (dayly and in some cases, even weekly) were much better than comparable hotels. She added that the ones in Santiago are "Palacios".

I have not yet had the pleasure to visit one of these... so I'd welcome (serious) comments.

... J-D.