2 years to go.

rtejeda

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 16, 2006
The Haitian's pacific invasion of the Dominican Republic

The following, Haitian situation, is one of the dangerous, detrimental issues that is most serious for Dominican's national security, and the fact that the current "PLD" government administration is doing nothing about it should be of concern to all "Dominicans" in the world

Haitians are taking not only jobs from the Dominicans, they are taking the country with no government action to defend their sovereignty::surprised

The president of the National Frontier Council, Radhamas Batista, has said that Haitians are taking many of the available jobs in the tourism sector. He said that it was alarming that 80% of the workforce in tourist centers like Bavaro and Puerto Plata are Haitian, and this violates the Labor Code, which specifies that 80% of employees must be Dominican and 20% may be foreign. Batista spoke out during the signing of an agreement with the Duarte Institute that will emphasize the historic dates of Dominican history along the frontier, installing monuments and developing a program of conferences, classes, talks and workshops. Batista called the massive immigration of Haitians into the Dominican Republic "part of a policy of laissez faire-laissez passer" with no controls to halt the process. Batista said that this issue was not about migration, but rather the movement of one nation into another, since entire families are crossing the frontier illegally.

Rick the situation

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Rtejeda,

Why you should bring up the CIA in your post is beyond me as it serves no purpose. If I was CIA you should know that we “spooks” would never divulge such information to people such as yourself on a public board.

Regarding your post concerning the difficulties between the DR and Haiti. Any problems with Haiti are Dominican made, Dominican endorsed and only Dominicans can change the system. LF is doing that which he can with the limited help that he has. If those Dominicans that live abroad would take an active interest in their country and get off their lazy a$$es and help out then the problems with Haiti that I hear those same ex-pats complain about could be better managed. Until such time nothing is going to change.

As I am not Dominican, hold no political affiliation here, cannot vote here and as such am only an observer then that which I can do I in fact do on a daily basis. That which I can do is nothing more then educate. I do this by teaching English to those wishing to learn as well as teaching politics under a democratic regime and everything else in-between. I do this on a face to face encounter with actual Dominicans that live in this fine country be they rich, poor or middle class of which I am in contact with everyday. Those that wish to learn from that which I offer can learn and those that don’t wish to learn won’t and there is nothing I can do to force those that don’t wish to learn.

I am not trying to blow a bugle to my actions as it is just something that I can offer to these people that have accepted me into their country.

Having said all that then I must at this time ask what you as a Dominican have done for your country while sitting there in a much better position then that of the vast majority of your fellow Dominicans? All I have seen is that you sit there in your noble position and cry about that which you have no true experience with other then that which you read.

Let it be noted that you have failed to show me any desire on your part to better the situation here in the DR and because of that this will be my last post directed to you on this board. You seem to be of the same mentality of most Dominicans that ask what their country can do for them rather then what they can do for their country. Those are the words used by the late JFK and they are as true then as they are now.

Rick

bilijou

Jun 13, 2006
The CIA, crack, the haitians... what the F is going on here?

Wasnt it obvious he didnt know what he was talking about when he said he started a political party and didnt know the name of Baninter?