2016 Hurricane Season

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
We are wondering whether we should cancel a trip to Constanza and Jarabacoa, more for the roads than the weather conditions in the area. Does anyone have info on the conditions on the roads to Constanza and Jarabacoa from the Duarte Highway?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
We are wondering whether we should cancel a trip to Constanza and Jarabacoa, more for the roads than the weather conditions in the area. Does anyone have info on the conditions on the roads to Constanza and Jarabacoa from the Duarte Highway?

Both roads are open, and the road from the Autopista to Jarabacoa is fine. Almost no rain for two days, just a sprinkle.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
That's good, and the forecast for the next few days? Mike?

Haaa, forecast?
for Constanza?
lol
you have to ask Bob, the people who live that way up there.
here on the East we are under constant rain today again.
at my place it started around 9:30AM and did not stop since then. it is soft rain, but coming constantly. just back home from school to get my lil one, the road from teh Highway down to Cabeza de Toro is well under water here.
if the rain keeps going i will keep her at home tomorrow.
there are big waterloads hanging near the Isle on the East and all along our South.
they are barely moving, this weather frontal is almost stationary, so it comes slowly and stays til its emptied dry.
it could be gone by tomorrow here, it also could stay til the end of the weekend, i really have no clue about it.
and from looking on the satellite maps you can't tell where exactly it does or will rain and where it will stay fairly dry.
if i catch the ones who did a rain dance, it will not get a happy ending, lol.

Mike

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Finally the BLOB known as Otto seems to be on the move north and west out of the Caribbean basin, I'm no weather guy but in my mind it has not helped that it just parked itself down there for a about a week now just spewing humidity our way...

Good riddance Otto!, prayers for the folks in Nicaragua and Costa Rica with the water load.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Otto is now a hurricane threatening Central America with lots of rain and mudslides.

Cabarete has a high probability of Thunderstorms for the next two days, there was some rain overnight.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
here on the East today is the first day without any morning rain.
even the sun been out for minutes a few times.
wind is down and Ocean is very calm.
it could mean we may finally get better.

Mike

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There was a downpour in the Punta Cana airport area early this morning.

We are probably not going to Constanza - we spoke to the folks there and they said it has been raining a lot over the last few days.