22k dominicans in u.s jails...

EddieC

May 8, 2003
Bob,
This is EddieC.
How are things in Jarabacoa?
Is the real estate situation the same?
Can't make the trip this Christmas, but I plan to come this summer.
Do you know anyone on DR-1 that lives in Cabrera?
My Son wants to go there and I'd like to get some info.

Feliz Navidad!
Ed

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
The percentage of prisoners that are Dominican exceeds the percentage of the US population in prison! Surprised?

However that percentage is quite in line with the percentage of Americans living under the median income. There's more to statistics than what's on the surface, sometimes you only have to ask "why?" to find the answer.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i have actually chased one with a stick in the streets...he robbed me of a camera once and i saw him parking cars on calle del sol and whacked him in the arm..he ran...i couldnt keep up he went into a shop and was gone...gave him a good whack...wanted to break his arm ...deporte...!!!

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
That one was good mike, and let me add something else... Why send them back if they was formed here in the US???

JJ

Many Dominicans say this. "Formed in the US". These people aren't immersing
themselves in the Amercan culture or the American Dream.
These criminals hang out with fellow Dominicans and don't ever leave
the circle of their culture. They don't welcome people of other races or cultures
into their click. They learn from other Domincan tigueres and friends they meet up
with here from the old barrio. The ones that went back to DR showing off the gold
chains and the rented SUV.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Many Dominicans say this. "Formed in the US". These people aren't immersing
themselves in the Amercan culture or the American Dream.
These criminals hang out with fellow Dominicans and don't ever leave
the circle of their culture. They don't welcome people of other races or cultures
into their click. They learn from other Domincan tigueres and friends they meet up
with here from the old barrio. The ones that went back to DR showing off the gold
chains and the rented SUV.

Sad but true......

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
With 22,000 Dominicans in US prisons there is the possibility of 22,000 more Dominicans who will be deported once released. I have commented extensively about this (deportee) subject on other threads. I believe they need to be released right back into the communities they were living in before being arrested. Most of them have no shot at earning enough money down here to support the "western" lifestyle they are accustomed to so they go right back to robbing, stealing, selling drugs or worse. I live in an area of SD with several deportees and not a single one of them is the least bit interested in earning an honest living. To make it worse, the local criminals tend to look-up to the deportees and strive to be just like them. The one's who stand out the most always seem to be from DA BRONX.
Most of the Dominican's I know don't respect deportees. Their attitude is "you were given the chance of a lifetime and you blew it".

Can someone please explain to me how so many ignorant people can come from such a small place (DA BRONX) so far away and cause so many problems for so many hard working people?

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
With 22,000 Dominicans in US prisons there is the possibility of 22,000 more Dominicans who will be deported once released. I have commented extensively about this (deportee) subject on other threads. I believe they need to be released right back into the communities they were living in before being arrested. Most of them have no shot at earning enough money down here to support the "western" lifestyle they are accustomed to so they go right back to robbing, stealing, selling drugs or worse. I live in an area of SD with several deportees and not a single one of them is the least bit interested in earning an honest living. To make it worse, the local criminals tend to look-up to the deportees and strive to be just like them. The one's who stand out the most always seem to be from DA BRONX.
Most of the Dominican's I know don't respect deportees. Their attitude is "you were given the chance of a lifetime and you blew it".

Can someone please explain to me how so many ignorant people can come from such a small place (DA BRONX) so far away and cause so many problems for so many hard working people?

actually, they mostly do not come from DA BRONX. Manhattan it is.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I thought Castle Hill and Washington Heights were in the Bronx. After looking it up on the internet I see Washington Height is located in Manhattan. I'd never live in either one those areas, I deal with enough of them as is where I'm living now. I speak with a lot of these "yo yo yo"s scumbags on a regular basis. They are like cockroaches. Most of the ones I have met remind me of the Nigerians in Bangkok, with the only difference being I've never had to tell a Nigerian no more than once.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
?huh please tell us WHY.

Okay, I'll indulge your apparent slowness. Crime is not the problem, it is only a syptom of the problem of poverty. How many generations of immigrant from how many countries have landed in the land of plenty only to find themselves in an eagerly awaiting cycle of poverty? It takes generations to break free.

The Heights isn't exactly an enterprize zone.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I thought Castle Hill and Washington Heights were in the Bronx. After looking it up on the internet I see Washington Height is located in Manhattan. I'd never live in either one those areas, I deal with enough of them as is where I'm living now. I speak with a lot of these "yo yo yo"s scumbags on a regular basis. They are like cockroaches. Most of the ones I have met remind me of the Nigerians in Bangkok, with the only difference being I've never had to tell a Nigerian no more than once.

tell us how you really feel. don't hold back so much.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
10675533_10204462930946741_6728669572764570305_n.jpg

#32 and #33 deserved my personal special Dominican Like,
not just a simple DR1 Like.

Mike

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
one guy who used to work for me just actually kind of jumped ship....he was working /performing and when the boat or tour got to n.y. he worked here and when the troupe was ready to leave...he stayed.....
now he wants his teenagers to go....denied...denied....and denied........