29% of Dominicans want to live in Jarabacoa

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
La Vega senator Ramón Rogelio Genao from 11:00 says, among other things, that studies show that 29% of Dominicans want to live in Jarabacoa and that it's the main destination for domestic tourism (Dominican tourists that live in the DR). It shouldn't be a surprised that while foreign tourists head to Dominican beaches where the climate is hot, tropical, and humid; Dominican tourists head to the mountains where the climate is cooler, more comfortable, and less humid.

Drak

Jul 7, 2015
Indeed...

1. New construction has been steady, both commercial and housing from what I've seen in various areas.
2. The road expansion up / down the the steep part of Federico Basilis (#28) progressing daily.
3. Many weekends it is busy at the central park (which is closed for reconstruction, although I don't think anything is being done currently).
4. Quads everywhere at times.
5. Semana Santa cometh...

Reactions: CristoRey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I had to go to Jarabacoa today, a place I have been to dozens of times before, this time for a 30 year old nephews funeral because of injuries from a motorcycle accident that left him brain dead.

Traffic during the middle of the day was bad. My wife is from there and really doesn't like even visiting any more. We used to go all the time, and now it is only for such special events.

Jarabacoa has changed a lot and some of that change is probably because 29% of Dominicans want to live there. For us, the changes are not for the better, but then I was never hot on the place.

Reactions: Squat

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Traffic during the middle of the day was bad. My wife is from there and really doesn't like even visiting any more. We used to go all the time, and now it is only for such special events.
As Yogi Berra said : Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded".

Probably 29% of Dominicans want to go anywhere other than where they are.

Maybe after a winter there they will decide they'd prefer to be be warm?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I had to go to Jarabacoa today, a place I have been to dozens of times before, this time for a 30 year old nephews funeral because of injuries from a motorcycle accident that left him brain dead.

Jarabacoa has changed a lot and some of that change is probably because 29% of Dominicans want to live there. For us, the changes are not for the better, but then I was never hot on the place.
My wife hates all the changes. The best parts of Jarabacoa are in the surrounding hills and valleys.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
They all want to live with Bob
1003028635-69130f7538043a28259a21d3f045d978.jpg

Reactions: melphis

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
A few years ago we were invited to a weekend in Jarabacoa at a friend's cabin, and it was lovely. Lush and beautiful vegetation, no iron bars on windows or doors. We got up pretty early to go for a walk and felt pretty safe.
Our friend doesn't live there. She wouldn't really like to live there. It's just a place to get away.