2nd Annual 4th of July Bash

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
amy2761 said:
I had a wonderful time talking with everyone, new and old!

Dolores, Sunshine, Planner and Larry are the few that come to mind. Dawn and Scott - you guys are great, we should get together for Tuesday Tacos sometime. HB - you're looking good!!

Stay well,
Amy
A bunch of us are going on Tuesday. (Dawn, Larry, Herbert, me and probably a bunch of others) Come also, we had a great time last Tuesday and only expect the same this Tuesday.

Anyone else is welcome to join us. Hamburger in Paradise is on the road to the right coming from Kite beach to Sosua. First place on the Right "Hamburger Heaven". Great people and great Tacos. I didn't have the Margaritas but everyone was raving about them. Tacos were great and the Cold Presidentes were fine also!

Escott

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Well, that was my first DR1 party and I am sure of two things...I regret having missed the others and I wont miss anymore.

I walked in early to immediately spot CC...Tom, it was great to finally meet you! I love listening to your stories. (By the way, Scandall said we are organizing a poker game)

D&D are lovely people....I loved the lasagna.

Amy, you are such a sweetheart, I really enjoyed chatting with you. See you Tuesday night.

I actually had the pleasure of meeting Hillbilly at his lovely home on Friday. HB, it was a pleasure to meet you sir.

I finally got to meet Dolores and Jamie, though briefly. Lovely people.

Mirador, you are an interesting character...lol.

It was great to see old friends again and to meet so many new ones. But, then again that's what DR1 is all about.

Scott, thanks for organizing a great party buddy!

See you all on Thanksgiving....

Larry

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
What can I say? Outstanding!!!

Lots of fun, lots of great people.
Looking forward to the next one.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I'm Glad I Went!Even Though I Had To Buy Two Tickets on the Bus To Get There!

"Escott" even met me at the bus stop and gave me a ride to the Hotel "Europa"(MY KIND Of Hotel!!) Friday night we started off with drinks at Rocky's then off to "Bailey's" for dinner.You want to know what happened??? Then go along next time!!I could have left Sosua right then having had a fantastic time!
I turned down an invitation to a (Dr1 Dinner)on Saturday night,I had already decided to "EAT IN"!!! ;)
Sunday I slept till noon,and got to "Rocky's" at 1:30.I wanted to get one of the "Strong" chairs!People began to arrive at two,and the place was full by four.Lots and lots of food was cooked and served all afternoon long.I think everyone was really please with the quaantity and the quality of the Food!
Thanks to "Escott" for another successful "Fiesta"!At seven I headed back to my Hotel,to tired to do more than "Crash and Burn"!
I too met lots of "new" people,and saw some "old" friends as well.These "DR1" parties are really fun,and laid back! Do Come!!You will really be glad you did!!
CC

Nov 5, 2004
Escott said:
US Thanksgiving is the NEXT Bash. Turkey and all the trimmings. Put it on your social Calendar NOW! That is my next one. Peachesncream is having a get sooner at Rockys in Sosua and there is a thread on the Board about it.

Escott

JD..here is the link to it
http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40691

It is acutally on August 5th at Rocky's. We'd love to see you there. Post your name in the thread if you can make it, or just show up. :)

Cuidate

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks.

A very special thanks to Dianne (D&D) for the wonderful lasagna, Judy (Campesina) for the world's best pickled beets, Dawn for her super Mexican bean salad, John Ceko for his Ceasar's salad, Kevin for his home made nacho dip, Jimmydr for all the time he spent on the BBQ, Brad from North Coast Diving Center for all the equipment, Ricardo for the BBQ, and last, but not least, for our beloved Escott for arranging such an amazing get-together.
Never have I seen such a large group of fine people, all in one place.
PS: Thank you Robert & Dolores for providing the vehicle that makes this all possible. What would the DR be without DR1?

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Couldn?t agree more ...

Rocky said:
A very special thanks to Dianne (D&D) for the wonderful lasagna, Judy (Campesina) for the world's best pickled beets, Dawn for her super Mexican bean salad, John Ceko for his Ceasar's salad, Kevin for his home made nacho dip, Jimmydr for all the time he spent on the BBQ, Brad from North Coast Diving Center for all the equipment, Ricardo for the BBQ, and last, but not least, for our beloved Escott for arranging such an amazing get-together.
Never have I seen such a large group of fine people, all in one place.
PS: Thank you Robert & Dolores for providing the vehicle that makes this all possible. What would the DR be without DR1?

with what you posted.
But you forgot one very important person, with a great place and a big heart, that has alots to do with making this wonderful BBQ happen.
That is you, Marco. THANKS alot!!! You?re as great as all those people you mention!

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Escott said:
A bunch of us are going on Tuesday. (Dawn, Larry, Herbert, me and probably a bunch of others) Come also, we had a great time last Tuesday and only expect the same this Tuesday.

Anyone else is welcome to join us. Hamburger in Paradise is on the road to the right coming from Kite beach to Sosua. First place on the Right "Hamburger Heaven". Great people and great Tacos. I didn't have the Margaritas but everyone was raving about them. Tacos were great and the Cold Presidentes were fine also!

Escott

Miss Hannelie will be joining us too ..... looks like they found the keys ;)

Stay well,
Amy

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Great party...good people...I high recommend making your plans now to attend the next one...It's nice to have friends in every city.

I also managed to get a picture of Cris Colon in his skivvies. What more could you ask for.

Scandall (AKA Randy)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
How could I have missed chris in his scivvvies.... Can we expect to see this photo???

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
planner said:
How could I have missed chris in his scivvvies.... Can we expect to see this photo???

Robert and I obtained said photo on an undercover operation to Colon's room. We were in and out...no casualties. I'd post it but from where Cris Colon (Tom) comes from...payback could mean a medivac for me. ;)

Scandall

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Don't worry, we will all chip in for the medical costs... Oh come on please????? I hate begging....

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
After spending a week in Sosua, this party was the best way to end a wonderful holiday! I had a phenomenal time meeting the DR1 troops. And was lucky enough to meet some of the legends: ?AZB? was on his way out but I made sure to grab him just for myself and we had a pleasant chat, hopefully he will honor his presence at my next BBQ. ?Hillbilly?, boy oh boy, in about 30 seconds he made me feel like a little princess with his kind words! ?Petit Fromage? (Scandall) you always make me laugh! Lets meet for Provocon or garlic pizza soon. ?Espott? (Escott) could your future wife and I move to your finca? Thank you so much for taking us around! I know it was kind of hard for you to see your future wife in Scandall?s harms but I think you bought her back with that hunt for a lollypop at 11pm! ?Robert? you looked so cute with your red nose. ?Dawn? you are the sweetest person and you have this amazing joy de vivre that vibrates all around you!