30% of bottled water is not safe?

C

CristoRey

According to this article, a study was done claiming 30% of the bottled water in DR is unsafe to drink. We only buy Planeta Azul or Cristal, and we run it through a Brita filter for drinking (not for cooking though). Anyone else? Thoughts?

https://elnacional.com.do/30-agua-embotellada-rd-no-cumple-calidad/

This was all in the press a few years ago. I think I actually started a thread about it on DR1
after reading the article in DT. The article listed several of the pass and fail suppliers/ companies by name. It ran for about 3 days then (without explanation) was pulled.

R

RDKNIGHT

I only buy Alaska right from their factory for 37 pesos for 5 galons i actually see the water getting pumped into the bottle..no sun hits the bottles thats the cause for cancer.....

M

melphis

I agree with RDK. We have used Alaska water for over 10 years and never had a problem. We also used to pick it up at the factory but our gardener has a side business and we buy the Alaska 5 gallon jugs off him now. $100 pesos a bottle plus he delivers it in my kitchen and shows up within an hour of being called.

D

drstock

The guy on the truck who supplies our botellones of water gave me a copy of a letter from the Asociacion de Industrias Purificadoras de Agua, dated 5th June. The letter states that the cost of production has increased after "extensive conversations and exhaustive analysis", the price to resellers per botellon must increase by 3 pesos. Hopefully this reflects an improvement in quality.