$3000 Engagement Ring - Cheapest Way To Have Shipped From U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
Hi,

I'd REALLY appreciate any words of wisdom from someone who knows the best way around paying an arm and leg for custom fees.

I'm buying an engagement ring from a company in the U.S., any idea if having it sent to a friend and having them send it to me in non-commercial packaging so it doesn't look like a purchase would work?

- Torreylee

Two words.... CUBIC ZIRCONIA. Check it out

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
try compra venta. plenty of rings available there from those who thought they found DDD.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Well, my only other thought is, check with the Jewelry store where you got it from, see if they can ship it for you taking all of the responsibility...Most Jewelry stores do business online and ship..I bet they pay next to nothing for any customs inspections, most likely a blanket coverage...

Give a few a call or the one you bought it from, ask some questions..

Ant

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Well, my only other thought is, check with the Jewelry store where you got it from, see if they can ship it for you taking all of the responsibility...Most Jewelry stores do business online and ship..I bet they pay next to nothing for any customs inspections, most likely a blanket coverage...

Give a few a call or the one you bought it from, ask some questions..

Ant

LOL. LOL, double LOL.....a store taking responsibility for receiving goods......do you actually smell any of that stuff you're shoveling?
Ever try to receive anything in the DR? LOL 'blanket coverage'......

To the OP, if you are so worried, get the store to ship it to Miami, and you take a flight one day, and return the next with your ring in carry-on, and all the other stuff (box and packaging) in your checked luggage. You will always have the ring with you and when you arrive, you put it in your pocket and walk through customs here, and then repackage it for your GF, or soon to be ex-wife......

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
What don't ya get?? The store where he bought it from and being expensive, I'm sure they would add it to their out going shipments..DR/FL..International/Domestic, whatever..Blanket coverage is insurance..If you're a smart business owner and do a lot of shipping or not, but have other things you need insured too, you would have blanket coverage...Or, just put the damn ring in a blanket and call it a day, I'm sleeping bro, its my blanket...

Or screw it, glass of water down it goes, will take a chance on TSA and see how bad they want it..Its like cracker jacks, but they get the surprise! If me, I would wrap it in a paper with Obumma's face on it, lets get some kind of justice here..Why somebody has not dropped that fool already is beyond me..

Ant

LOL. LOL, double LOL.....a store taking responsibility for receiving goods......do you actually smell any of that stuff you're shoveling?
Ever try to receive anything in the DR? LOL 'blanket coverage'......

To the OP, if you are so worried, get the store to ship it to Miami, and you take a flight one day, and return the next with your ring in carry-on, and all the other stuff (box and packaging) in your checked luggage. You will always have the ring with you and when you arrive, you put it in your pocket and walk through customs here, and then repackage it for your GF, or soon to be ex-wife......

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
So you beat around the bush talking some BS, but you haven't answered the question, Have you ever tried receiving anything in the DR????? Have you???
Beating around the bush is probably the main reason you don't have your novia no more!!!!! I feel sorry for you

Last edited:

torreylee

Oct 24, 2009
www.mesothelioma-lawsuit-advice.com
Thanks for the advice guys, I will either wait for my next visitor to come and have them bring it or fly to Florida and see some family while I'm there. I learned alot about my future with my soon to be ex-wife and DDD along the way though, LOL. But seriously, many of you helped quite a bit. :classic:

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Good deal TL, that's what its all about anyways, even if you need to read a lot to find it..LOL..Oh Joy..

Good Luck! hope to see you soon

Ant

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
One day, maybe 100 or 200 years from now, people will look back and ask, "Did your ancestors really pay thousands of dollars for a piece of carbon? A rock? Just in order to wear a rock on your hand?

Think about all the things you can do with US $3000?

$3000 is $120,000 pesos.

1. You can educate and put several children through school here in the DR for $120,000 pesos.

2. You can buy medicine. A lot. And go up into the mountains, small villages, and border towns, and help a lot of people with simple infections and other ailments.

3. You can visit a brother everyday for 120 days. That's a lot of sex.

4. You can buy a lot of anti-antibiotics for yourself and the girls after your 120 sessions are over.

5. You can buy a lot of fuel, electricity, roof, food, supplies for $120,000 pesos.

6. You can transportation...any small motorcycle or scooter you want.

There is so much positive things you can do in a poor country with US. $3000.

My personal opinion--and i'm usually wrong--is that giving a $3000 fossilized rock to a poorly educated or even highly educated person is not a very good demonstration of love.

Do what i do every week. I find a girl, take her to a diamond store and ask for the biggest diamond they have. I write a check and tell them i'll be back on monday to pick up the diamond after the check clears. When the jeweler gets angry and calls me a few days later and tells me that "my check bounced!" I tell them, "Yeah, i know. But let me tell you about my fantastic, sex-filled weekend!!"

FRank

Status
Not open for further replies.