3rd Times' a "CHARM"...?

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Berzin, there are other forums...just because you have already mastered and understand the HISTORY of the Sanky, doesnt mean us new people do...I've been dooped!! I can sit here and talk to myself, and ask myself why over and over again...doesnt mean the answer will just come to me...i thought i was smarter than that!!
it actually helps hearing stories, and having people listen without judging, and maybe understanding why this happens!! most importantly knowing I'm not alone, I guess i havent really run into any con artists in my lifetime,until now...and perhaps my Ego took a HIT.
Either way, maybe i should give it a rest...i think the information i have learnt so far is a great tool for the future, i just dont wanna go back there feeling jaded and Suspicious, I want to be my funloving self...just a little more cautious.The only sad thing is ..most of us prior to going on a trip, research the resorts, the beaches, the attractions..i wish i would have come accross this site when i did that initial Google search! would have saved me a little grief.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Berzin, there are other forums...just because you have already mastered and understand the HISTORY of the Sanky, doesnt mean us new people do...I've been dooped!! I can sit here and talk to myself, and ask myself why over and over again...doesnt mean the answer will just come to me...i thought i was smarter than that!!
it actually helps hearing stories, and having people listen without judging, and maybe understanding why this happens!! most importantly knowing I'm not alone, I guess i havent really run into any con artists in my lifetime,until now...and perhaps my Ego took a HIT.
Either way, maybe i should give it a rest...i think the information i have learnt so far is a great tool for the future, i just dont wanna go back there feeling jaded and Suspicious, I want to be my funloving self...just a little more cautious.The only sad thing is ..most of us prior to going on a trip, research the resorts, the beaches, the attractions..i wish i would have come accross this site when i did that initial Google search! would have saved me a little grief.

I read most of the articles on this site - helped, but not that much. I still got myself in a kind of disgusting situation because of lack of language and survival skills being sick in a foreign country. I thought, I made a friend - he tried to play me using the same set of "rules" discussed on this site. He was not poor at all. So, I guess, sankies don't come only from poverty and resorts.

There is no reason for us, tourists, become close friends with Dominicans in the DR. There is no way to get to know what kind of people they are anyway. It is simply not safe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
And the dancers will all be burnt out needing knee surgery dancing in high heels by the time they're 30. And if the OP thought they were deceitful, I doubt she would have befriended one and forked over $10 to the child. That's just my two centavos. You guys are so jaded. :p

Ahhhh.....Good one Margaret,

I never said anything about the dancer being deceitful, she's actually a doll, and we load up on goodies for her each and every time we come...including clothes, shoes, perfume, make up!! whatever we can!!

and it was a $20 i gave him, he never asked for it, infact they never asked for anything, every once in a while she would sneak over and grab a pce of chciken or water!!

Before we even met Mikey we saw dozens of photos, she adores him...Hence all the long hours she puts in to feed and clothe him, you can tell he was very well kept, he didnt have a hair out of place.

so how bout you keep those two centavos.
cheers!