40 floor hard rock hotel to be built in SD

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
If DR is such an uninteresting place to you then why the **** are you even in this page?? Forget it, I don't even care!! I have an even better question for you; why do so many people visit Jamaica for their culture, being ours many times more rich?? The first of everything in the america's is here. The story of the american continent starts here, is that not interesting enough for you?? As far as museums, apart from the ones you have in Zona Colonial, the Faro a Colon is a really really good place to go, you would be surprised by the amount of relics and history that is inside there.

Do I have to praise Dominican culture to live in this country or even be in this site? I live here, not because I enjoy the culture so much or because I like the country so much. Why couldn't I live here without liking it? Maybe I like my own country less, or maybe I have other reasons to prefer DR over my own country.

Dr1.com isn't a Dominican Republic fan page.

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
Do I have to praise Dominican culture to live in this country or even be in this site? I live here, not because I enjoy the culture so much or because I like the country so much. Why couldn't I live here without liking it? Maybe I like my own country less, or maybe I have other reasons to prefer DR over my own country.

Dr1.com isn't a Dominican Republic fan page.

Never said you had to praise dominican culture, but the mindless hate is clearly visible. But I still don't understand why people would participate in a forum dedicated to a country they don't enjoy, let alone live there. I really isn't my business, what i don't like is when some people spread garbage around the internet about my country that are not true.

Out of curiosity, where are you from??

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there is no obligation to be positive and optimistic. what other location should we b*tch about if not the one we live in?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Never said you had to praise dominican culture, but the mindless hate is clearly visible. But I still don't understand why people would participate in a forum dedicated to a country they don't enjoy, let alone live there. I really isn't my business, what i don't like is when some people spread garbage around the internet about my country that are not true.

Los Pa?ses Bajos

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Guys, c'mon, there is no such thing as a Dominican culture, it's just the lack of culture at all.

Regarding the new tower, I have no idea who needs so many hotel rooms in the center of a shlthole megapolis, but one more modern building is good for this city. Naco and Piantini become modern and it's good.

Apr 7, 2014

What garbage are they spreading?

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
Natu, don't argue with some of these folks. I think most of them would be unhappy anywhere in the world. I understand DR is plagued with problems and is understandable to complain about them, but some like Chris Colon genuinely hate the DR and Dominicans. Just read their posts so you can get the vibe, I bet they get an orgasm every time they talk about the imminent collapse of the Dominican economy or when they talk about the December death pool, etc. But when something positive for the country happens they're the first ones to downplay it or somehow bash it.

Ohh and before Chris asks me how is the weather in States, (He thinks all Dominicans in DR1 live in NY making minimum wage) the weather here in DR is great, the chicks are great, the money is good, and I wouldn't be happier anywhere else in the world.

First & last post in this thread, please go on bashing DR and anything positive related to DR.

Last edited:

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I know Dominicans can be very sensitive but come one , don't overreact. I said nothing more than that DR is not a destination for culture minded tourists. Nothing to find here. Same as if you were to go to the Netherlands for the exquisite cuisine or the nice shopping opportunities, we don't have it.

If you want to hear my honest opinion: No, I don't like DR. I don't like the food, or the noise , or the chaos, or the mediocrity of the society, doesn't mean I'm miserable, I like my family life, our church, friends (Dominican :cross-eye), the fact I can always do a bbq (though I don't like the weather).

Just like dv8, what should we else complain about than the country we live in? If I'd live in The Netherlands I'd have enough to complain, and would probably do so. Here same thing, I'm not complaining on Diariolibre.com but on dr1.com where 90% is probably foreigner. I don't know why an in DR living local, sensitive about what foreigners have to say about their country would visit dr1.com and especially the topics where foreigners are ranting. It's kind of masochistic in my opinion.

When you are among friends or family don't you complain about traffic, corrupt politicians, stealing and lying employees? Probably you do, this is probably one of the few places where is foreigners can, among people in equal circumstances. My in laws 'acaben' all the time their country, make fun of their lack of development as a country or a people, but I can't join them doing that ofcourse, that would be disrespectful. On dr1 I feel free to speak my mind.

But still, all I said was: cultural vacation in DR? Not so much.

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
Natu, don't argue with some of these folks. I think most of them would be unhappy anywhere in the world. I understand DR is plagued with problems and is understandable to complain about them, but some like Chris Colon genuinely hate the DR and Dominicans. Just read their posts so you can get the vibe, I bet they get an orgasm every time they talk about the imminent collapse of the Dominican economy or when they talk about the December death pool, etc. But when something positive for the country happens they're the first ones to downplay it or somehow bash it.

Ohh and before Chris asks me how is the weather in States, (He thinks all Dominicans in DR1 live in NY making minimum wage) the weather here in DR is great, the chicks are great, the money is good, and I wouldn't be happier anywhere else in the world.

First & last post in this thread, please go on bashing DR and anything positive related to DR.

Agreed, the death pool thing is one of the sickest and most f'd up things i've found in this forum, finding entertainment in the tragedy of others. And then they have the nerve to say that dominicans are morbid.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Funny because the Netherlands is one of the countries that I most admire. But I have a small hunch you're actually from Aruba or Curacao.

Why would you think that? Because I 'criticize' the DR for lack of cultural POI's I must be from the Caribbean?

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
if you don't like it, maybe don't read it then?

I don't read it, but it's sickening that people are getting pleasure out of the suffering of others. And it ****es me the f*ck off even more because some of you pieces of sh*ts are having a blast watching my people die!! I know you want me to let you keep on doing your circle jerk of hate against DR and I find it funny because you are the ones who are telling me to gtfo if i don't like it when you are the ones obsessed with a country you "don't enjoy".

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I know you want me to let you keep on doing your circle jerk of hate against DR and I find it funny because you are the ones who are telling me to gtfo if i don't like it when you are the ones obsessed with a country you "don't enjoy".

it's just following your own philosophy. you are equally obsessed with a forum you don't enjoy and you equally spew hate on others.