430 Mt/4600 Sq ft Modern Home in Santiago , Pool, Gated

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
What HB is saying is you need a "toe-kick" recess on all floor cabinets. Two reasons: One, as HB says without it you can't stand close to the counter, and two, if the floor is not level or the doors swell with humidity you will not be able to open/close them.

My only other comment, 18-21" or 40-45cm max distance between counter top and bottom of upper cabinets, otherwise any shelves other than the bottom are unreachable without a stool. The distance in the rendition appears to be larger. Also under cabinet lighting would be a bonus.

:classic: mob
(20+ years in kitchen design. PM me if you want.)

I also noticed the upper cabinets are awfully high - I'm 5'1" so that's important to me :) When we renovated our kitchens in NJ and in DR, I made sure they were as low as possible.

Other than that, I think the kitchen is very nice, I didn't even notice the lack of 'toe space' until HB mentioned it. When we did our DR kitchen, they faced the front of the kickplate with the same stuff they used for the counter/backsplash. I thought it was odd, but it does protect the wood from the 'cloro nazi'.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
What HB is saying is you need a "toe-kick" recess on all floor cabinets. Two reasons: One, as HB says without it you can't stand close to the counter, and two, if the floor is not level or the doors swell with humidity you will not be able to open/close them.

My only other comment, 18-21" or 40-45cm max distance between counter top and bottom of upper cabinets, otherwise any shelves other than the bottom are unreachable without a stool. The distance in the rendition appears to be larger. Also under cabinet lighting would be a bonus.

(20+ years in kitchen design. PM me if you want.)

Ooops, I just realized as I was reading AE's post about height, I used kg to pound conversion rate, instead of cm to inches.
Should be 18-21" or 45-55cm.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
It is a nice house but... Does anyone in all of this country have an undermount sink?

My neighbor does.. I've had to send people like 3 or 4 times in the last year to reattch it to the bottom of the sink.. I guess that's why so few people have them :)

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I look at that wall of glass with sun shining in and think of the heat. Also, privacy issues since it seems to be at the staircase.

For what it's worth, I have an undermount sink w/granite.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Nice house. Looks very similar to what a lot of people are building or have built in Punta Cana Village.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
It is a nice house but... Does anyone in all of this country have an undermount sink?

I helped install one 3 years ago. Its still attached. Adhesive and sink came from the US. There's a high end store in PC and SDQ called Cereate (not sure on spelling) and they sell under mount sinks

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
I think ou will struggle to get that price...i just dont see 400k. Or the need tp pay more so i can appreciate the quality put into this build.
Owner financing....so you know nobody will know on your door with 400k???

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I think ou will struggle to get that price...i just dont see 400k. Or the need tp pay more so i can appreciate the quality put into this build.
Owner financing....so you know nobody will know on your door with 400k???

So make an offer!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The house , both interior and exterior are nice, as is the pool. The curb appeal could be improve though, with more strategically placed plants and tress.