5 star, 1000 room hotel to be built Barahona

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
1,000 rooms..Get real mabye 100 rooms

I built a house further south in San Rafael and I haven?t heard a things..Barahona Airport will re open to commercial flights in 2009 but ?nobody is dumping that kind of money without seeing if it attracts more tourists,,For now there are enough rooms in the Barahoma area and points south on rt 44. Every body who doesnt live here always has all the answers..If you are not 100 % sure of something then dont post it here.Go to the clown bin where you belong..

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
I built a house further south in San Rafael and I haven?t heard a things..Barahona Airport will re open to commercial flights in 2009 but ?nobody is dumping that kind of money without seeing if it attracts more tourists,,For now there are enough rooms in the Barahoma area and points south on rt 44. Every body who doesnt live here always has all the answers..If you are not 100 % sure of something then dont post it here.Go to the clown bin where you belong..

Maybe you should keep more abreast of news and current events and read the papers once in a while before opening your mouth and spewing ignorance... let's see who belongs in the clown bin.

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
I flew into the airport many years ago when I was thinking about living there. The private pilot said the Govt. wanted too much money for the take offs and landings and American Airlines stopped flying there. Don't know if that is true or not. This had to be about 15 years ago I guess.

roks33

Jan 21, 2007
zak023, Barahona Airport will re open to commercial flights in 2009.
How do you know this and is it possible to read it somewhere?

Marilyn, the hotel will maybe be build, in my opinion it is/was better this company buy land for the project. Did you hear anything about the project a company wants to take away all the coral and rocks at Quemaito-beach? This discussion is going on at the moment told me the local people.

Thanks for your reply.
Bob.

SamanaJon

Jun 20, 2007
Is it even POSSIBLE?

How will they ever fill a 5-star 1000 room Hotel/Resort? Someone is smoking something pretty damm good. Same type of announcement was made (along with all kinds of VIP Foreign and Dominican) for a 1000 room (Lifestyle) Resort call the Adam and Eve Club in Samana. Never even got off the ground, and that was 3 years ago...I am afraid that this is some of the same type of nonsence. I wish the people well in the Canoa/Cabral/Barahona area, but I beleive this is a pipe dream. Don't hold your breath. My opinion only!

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Agreed with last post..................

......it will be yet another case (just like the beautiful Riviera hotel and the airport that was built years ago and never could sustain)......... of "If you build it, they will NOT come".

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
You're probably right. Pity because young people in this part of the country could really do with new sources of employment such as tourist developments, but on an appropriate medium/small scale.

roks33

Jan 21, 2007
At the moment Italians are building a resort/big hotel at Quemaito beach. The owner was already in prison because he did cut all the trees, except the palms.
The price of land/lot are more expensive just because the hotel, but still the most, for me, beautiful part of DR and very cheap.
In this zone Barahona-San Rafael I almost know all land for sale from locals.
PM me when you have any interest.

The airport nobody knows, maybe 2009.