A dominican getting a dominican passport

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Before you go to a great deal of trouble there are not many other first world countries that you will be allowed travel with a Dominican passport.
The DR has found that once Domincan citizens set foot in first world countries they do not come back.

If you want to visit Indonesia and the like fine but you will not be going to the US, Canada, Germany, France etc. unless you marry one of their citizens.
No slight intended against Indonesia, I am sure it is a fine place.
Dominicans risk their lives in small boats to get out of here.

Well it depends on where you go on what the advantages there are for you personally. We went to Colombia and it cost my wife and I 85 dollars each using our Canadian passports. If we were traveling on a Dominican passport there would have been no cost, no visa...etc. This applys to several countries.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Forgive me for jumping into this thread, but can one get same day service at an agency location outside of Santo Domingo? I know that one can there. Thanks.

Yes you can, but you have to be there before noon.

Matilda

Dr_Taylor

Oct 18, 2017
Before you go to a great deal of trouble there are not many other first world countries that you will be allowed travel with a Dominican passport.
The DR has found that once Domincan citizens set foot in first world countries they do not come back.

If you want to visit Indonesia and the like fine but you will not be going to the US, Canada, Germany, France etc. unless you marry one of their citizens.
No slight intended against Indonesia, I am sure it is a fine place.
Dominicans risk their lives in small boats to get out of here.
This is not true. I know more than one Dominican who visited the U.S. for vacation, and had no desire to move there. Now, these were middle class professionals, but the fact remains that not every Dominican wants to flee to the U.S. This is especially so for those with well-established businesses and community ties.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I last renewed in San Pedro in 2016. No birth certificate, only show my cedula and give them my old passport. Went back in one week to pick up my new passport.

But I am a dual citizen, so maybe a born Dominican needs to show a birth certificate. But why? If you have a passport already does not make sense.

I did in San Pedro too, maybe rules changed now because without that they didnt process my application online.