a german arrested for alleged fraud

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I would be more worried about being ripped off by fellow ex-pats than Dominicans.

the areas of expertise of gringos and dominicans are different. gringos are better at fraud and cheating in general. i still fondly remember female canadian who was a poster here for a long time... ;) dominicans, on the other hand, are very traditional and prefer good old fashioned robbery or murder, with a pinch of extortion. different skills call for different work ethics, so to speak.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
the areas of expertise of gringos and dominicans are different. gringos are better at fraud and cheating in general. i still fondly remember female canadian who was a poster here for a long time... ;) dominicans, on the other hand, are very traditional and prefer good old fashioned robbery or murder, with a pinch of extortion. different skills call for different work ethics, so to speak.

Wasn't there a fundraiser run by a popular Gringo in 2005 with funds MIA to this date?
It just got swept under the rug.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
was it the same guy who had an accident recently? how did the case of funds end?

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Trust is good Control is better

Everyone thinks the Swiss are wonderful honest people. Believe it or not you are wrong. I got screwed good by a Swiss.

Ever heard of the Swiss banking system or Joseph Sepp Blatter??:nervous:

Aug 21, 2007
Just so we all have balanced information, I was able to speak with Udo, one of the accused. This is what he told me.

First, he was accused, not arrested. Secondly, the journalist writing the quoted article initiated the claim against the parties involved and will be the beneficiary. Third, the journalist tried to blackmail Udo and the other accused individuals. Fourth, the events happened in 1993. That was prior to the time Udo became involved with these properties. When Udo bought into these properties, he says that he checked the titles. They were declared free and clear. Now, after more than 20 years, the titles are declared not authentic.

We all know that journalism in the DR often falls short of objectivity. Before condemning the accused, I believe we should consider the source of the information and realize that it may not necessarily be true or complete.

Lindsey

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
says Lindsey

We all know that journalism in the DR often falls short of objectivity.

you should have been a diplomat.

Fredo

Mar 17, 2013
there are always 2 sides to the story, a little bit of money will get you whatever article you like in the media.
Who falsified what is the question... sometimes you have to fight a bad with an other bad...

lets see how this case evolves ... before the lynching of the "German"