A Good bar to watch Yankees regular season games in SD?

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
I wondered if they stayed in business

5-Star.

The gentleman who ran the Jaragua's sports book for years is the owner/operator. I can only imagine what went on for him to get that place up and running - knowing that there is no such thing as a turn-key operation in the DR.

It's the only place I came across that actually serves pitchers of beer.

You shouldn't have any problem finding ANY game on there.

yankee

Nov 24, 2004
what is the big deal if you live here in the d.r. get direc tv and you get all the games and the yes channel that will carry over 125 games this season. dont ask me how to get direc tv but if you are smart ask around and you can get hooked up anytime. as you can tell by my name yankee i canot live without seeing the yankees god bless direc tv.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Cleef said:
MLBTV is the way to go

Honrun!
Cleef or anyone else have any experience with MLBTV?

I was just looking into it on mlb.com but they are a little vague. Am I correct that for $77.95 I will be able to stream ALL games during the 2006 season? The only games I care about are Yankee games but if I can stream them all, I will shell out the $77.95 in a heartbeat.

I am also curious/concerned about the quality of the stream. I wont order the package if there is any "buffering" involved...I want a live, steady, real-time stream.

I am running a 3 ghz, 512 ram machine on a wireless connection.

I would really appreciate any experiences/insight/advice.

Larry

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Larry said:
Cleef or anyone else have any experience with MLBTV?

I was just looking into it on mlb.com but they are a little vague. Am I correct that for $77.95 I will be able to stream ALL games during the 2006 season? The only games I care about are Yankee games but if I can stream them all, I will shell out the $77.95 in a heartbeat.

I am also curious/concerned about the quality of the stream. I wont order the package if there is any "buffering" involved...I want a live, steady, real-time stream.

I am running a 3 ghz, 512 ram machine on a wireless connection.

I would really appreciate any experiences/insight/advice. Larry
Shell it out.

I'm going by the last two years experience (more users may pose greater feed problems in the future - I've already converted a dozen or more people myself) but the only real problems will be your local ISP. If they are running good, you'll have an occassional delay, but very rarely.

You may think (now) that you'll only care about the Yank's games, but you'll love that you can just switch to watch Johann Santana pitch, or Pedro, or whatever else is going on.

I wouldn't pay $80 for it, but I'm cheap.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Cleef said:
Shell it out.

I'm going by the last two years experience (more users may pose greater feed problems in the future - I've already converted a dozen or more people myself) but the only real problems will be your local ISP. If they are running good, you'll have an occassional delay, but very rarely.

You may think (now) that you'll only care about the Yank's games, but you'll love that you can just switch to watch Johann Santana pitch, or Pedro, or whatever else is going on.

I wouldn't pay $80 for it, but I'm cheap.

I was told yesterday that you only view the game on a small box and not on your whole monitor...I was disappointed. I dont know if it is worth 80 bucks if I cannot see what is going on :confused:

Larry

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Larry said:
I was told yesterday that you only view the game on a small box and not on your whole monitor...I was disappointed. I dont know if it is worth 80 bucks if I cannot see what is going on :confused:

Larry

When our satellite wouldn't carry some games, I thought I'd surprise Angel and buy a package of games through MLB TV. We were sorely disappointed at the small insert you watch it on. You can increase the size of the insert, but then the picture is skewed. I would recommend finding a good sports bar. Who knows, maybe Eddy is ready to franchise! :classic:

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Consider your source.

Larry said:
I was told yesterday that you only view the game on a small box and not on your whole monitor...I was disappointed. I dont know if it is worth 80 bucks if I cannot see what is going on :confused:Larry
I hope that was someone who drives a carro publico that told you that.

I told you not to listen to Scandall.:devious:

I've had nothing but clear reception, with just a few exceptions. Again, I wouldn't pay $80 either. It isn't TV quality, but the pixelation is not that bad. I watch it on Win Med Player at work, and Real at home. WMP is better by far.

The first time I saw it full on a monitor I was pretty impressed.

Last edited: