A longer life?

cuas

May 29, 2006
The first time my husband-African American- went on his own to my family's house he told me, "At 12 o'clock everything stopped and eveybody rush home to eat. Everybody sat on the table and there were different food on the table. After eating everybody sat together to relax. It was a nice experience" At that time work hours were from 8 to 12 and 2 to 6, but things has changed with the straight working hours

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Lets take the example of the US and the Dominican Republic's life expectancy. The figures are 78.00 versus 73.07 years respectively. Now the difference has much to do with public health, nutrition, and medicine. Even though in the US stress may be higher, the factors mentioned above make it possible for a longer life. The big difference is in the quality of life. In the DR things are done at a slower and more relaxed pace.(except in Santo Domingo.lol)

Now if an individual is economically stable an able to afford an adequate nutrition, medicine ect. there is definitely an advantage over those who can't. Will less stress and living near rivers, lakes or the ocean extend your life? May help but by itself I don't think so, although the quality of life is enhanced by doing things you enjoy and give meaning to it.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the bill for a visit at a doctor - 2.500 pesos, medicines - 3.000, tests - 2.000 pesos, and that's even BEFORE i've found out about my unwanted passengers. thanks god suguro paid most of it!
but think how many dominicans have no seguro or a crappy one? relaxed attitude is one thing but it will not save you from getting ill, not to mention getting through the treatment!

B

batich

A Longer Life (split off)

I met a man yesterday, a professional with a good job, but not someone who has more than enough to live on. His small daughter has a life-threatening but curable condition, and doctors here say she has to go to the US for the treatment. He now faces the agony of having to go cap-in-hand to everyone he knows, pull all possible strings he has, to collect the money (which is probably about the equivalent of his annual salary) if his daughter's life is to be saved. If he is not successful, it's a death sentence. I can't even begin to imagine what that must feel like, and hope I never have to.

Life expectancy in the DR can be pretty low if you can't afford health care. I know that my cleaner's neighbours, friends and relatives pop off at an alarming rate, at relatively young ages, simply because that's what happens if you're poor and are unlucky enough to fall ill.

If he accepts donation from a stranger PM me por favor.

Sent you PM. :)

.... His small daughter has a life-threatening but curable condition, and doctors here say she has to go to the US for the treatment. ...QUOTE]

Chirimoya, could you please identify the condition?

- sent you a PM, too, Mirador. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

palomitamia

Nov 13, 2005
Maybe my info is outdated and obsolete. Many years passed since the last time I climbed those beautiful clean mountains.
Elbrus. Cheget. Terskol. Adil Su.What a memories!

If now they also live like americans I feel sincerely sorry for them. Que lastima. Que verguenza.

indeed....it is a shame.

cheers, P.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Since Having Sex Releases Endorphines,..........

and endorphines lower "Stress",..and I can't get laid in the USA with a fist full of 100 dollar bills,I would say "YES", living in the DR has lead to a longer life as far as I am concerned!
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

B

batich

and endorphines lower "Stress",..and I can't get laid in the USA with a fist full of 100 dollar bills,I would say "YES", living in the DR has lead to a longer life as far as I am concerned!
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

I love to attack people, but this one was said so great that better is not possible.

Exactly! Freedom and women - these are the two reasons to live on our beautiful island and to forget about some minor nuisances - material, financial,political, ecological or anything else.

And not just to live, but to live HAPPILY!!!

:laugh: