A Negative Blood needed at CMC for William McDouglas

luvvinit

Sep 2, 2013
kick in the ass? if those were my dogs, they would be foraging for food in trash cans thereafter.

The dogs tried to get in once they realised what was going on, which is why the intruder lost concentration and William managed to bite the intruder, so the dogs would have done their job, if they had managed to get in.

Dec 21, 2008
So, update for everyone...William is doing awesome. Let's keep the negative comments to yourselves as this unfortunate story has a happy ending. You may or may not agree with how he handled things (same with the dogs) but we each need to think about how we would handle such a situation. Don't judge unless you've worn William's shoes.

He posted an update on Facebook several days ago with his account of what happened so just to stop any rumours, here is his post:

A lot of people have been asking what happened, and there have been many differing stories circulating, so here is what really happened:
I was at home, just changed the light bulb on the front patio and closed the front door but did not lock it, (ain't I stupid). Sat on the sofa to watch TV, then a few minutes later I heard the front door open and just thought it was a friend. Next moment this Haitian guy wearing a ski mask and toting a gun asks me in a non to polite manner for all my money (first in German, then in English), I got up as to comply, he turned his head to look out the back and that's when I tackled him for his gun. Not a brilliant move you may think, but I was angry, and I thought if I give him my money then what's he going to do, say thank you and calmly walk away (I think not), also he is then going to think that gringos are an easy mark and next time it might be an older person or a single lady or children may be involved. So that's why I did it. There comes a point where you have to stand up for yourself and for others and say enough is enough. God knows who the next victim may have been. Anyway, I grabbed for his gun, we waltzed around for a wee while and the gun discharged and I was hit, (funny thing was it did not even really hurt), so as I went down still hanging onto his gun arm I sank my teeth into his arm (Louis Suarez would have been so proud of me), he screamed, dropped the gun, I ripped off his ski mask (who the hell sells ski masks in the Dominican Republic?) and he turned and bolted out the front door at which point I picked up his gun and took a shot at him. Unfortunately he had only brought two bullets (cheap bastard), and he ran like a rabbit with his ass on fire and was over the front gate in one leap. That's when my neighbours and friends came over to help. They called the police who arrived within 3 minutes and it was they who took me to hospital. Then of course that's when the fun began; I'd lost a lot of blood and was in and out of conciousness as they asked me what insurance company I was with and I managed to play along that I had insurance. It was at that point I think that Sarah came up with the 14k pesos so I could be operated on (I owe you mucho big time Sarah), then the stupid buggers made me sign something, twice. I think the first signature was Mickey Mouse and the second was D. Duck. And that was all I remember till awakening in ICU.
You may be asking where were the dogs, Initially they were out back sleeping and it was their barking that made him turn to look that gave me my opening gambit.
So there you have it, straight from the weasels mouth.
Again, I feel truely blessed to have such beautiful and caring friends.
Love you all. xxxxx