A New DR1 Record..

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Chris said:
I thought it was busy around here yesterday ...

Most users ever online was 1,714, Yesterday at 10:42 PM
It seems like the members are in the extreme minority.
So many lurkers.
How about getting rid of the invisible mode and make people have to log in to access the forum.:paranoid: ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I can see invisible people they are everywhere. ;)

Actually there's not as many "invisible" members as you may think but there's a lot of people reading and lurking without signing up. They are here to find info when traveling and most don't feel they need to join in order to get the info they are seeking. When I'm over at someone's else's PC I try not to sign in as to not leave cookies on their PC. I read and if I don't see a problem there's no need to sign in. ;)

But honestly dear there's very few DR1 members that are always in invisible mode. It makes sense for the moderators to be so you can't sneak up on us ;)

Malibook said:
It seems like the members are in the extreme minority.
So many lurkers.
How about getting rid of the invisible mode and make people have to log in to access the forum.:paranoid: ;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Malibook said:

Will never happen. As Anna said, many people just read amd never register or post.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Robert said:
Will never happen. As Anna said, many people just read amd never register or post.

I've gone on some sewing :rolleyes: ( don't laugh) sites just to get info on something I'm searching for and I find it so annoying if I find one which I need to sign up for because I'm searching many sites for the same info. ;) So what happens is I just skip those.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Most users ever online was 1,844, Today at 10:54 AM.

Just noticed we hit a post count high on April 21. 503 posts in 1 day!

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
I take pride in knowing that I am a part of this new record!! LOL... :bunny: (or perhaps I need to lay off the net for awhile lol).. either way... gotta love DR1!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Robert, remember when you did the comparison to hits on DR1 as compared to other sites? I'd be interested in seeing an updated version of this, if you have one available. I can't find the original thread, though. Thanks

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
trina said:
Robert, remember when you did the comparison to hits on DR1 as compared to other sites? I'd be interested in seeing an updated version of this, if you have one available. I can't find the original thread, though. Thanks

The problem is "other" sites no longer publish their stats.
I guess they learn't the hard way :)

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Robert said:
The problem is "other" sites no longer publish their stats.
I guess they learn't the hard way :)

Actually, I wasn't talking about the "misinformation" thread. I remember being able to see a comparison of DR1 hits vs., say, AMAZON or something. There was a group of travel-related websites, and it showed DR1's ranking amongst them.

Actually, I found what I was looking for. This is your original post:

Take a look at our link popularity:

Go here - http://www.marketleap.com/publinkpop/default.htm

Anything in red you should type into the boxes.

Enter your URL here: dr1.com

Enter up to 3 comparison URLs here:
listin.com.do cnn.com and any others you want to compare us against.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
FWIW from Debbie's Dominican Travel Forums (as of today):

Total Topics: 7,568
Total Posts: 56,879

Members: 7,408

Most users online was 85, Apr 25, 2006, 3:16am

Gregg

P.S. - In fairness the post count is lower than it in reality should be as they aren't archived but are deleted at a certain age.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
This is what I was talking about:

Actually, if you use this link: http://www.marketleap.com/publinkpop/default.htm

and compare the other DR travel sites, there really is no comparison what-so-ever.

BuildChart