a request to censorship the internet

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i related news, alcalde of POP is asking that citizens do not report on social websites bad things about the city. because, you guessed it, it damages its reputation. reputation? how about notoriety? infamy? fix the city, man, and there will be no complains.
Instalaci?n de WordPress

since noticiaspop page has some issues here are the highlights:
El alcalde municipal de San Felipe de Puerto Plata; Walter Musa Meyreles, se quej? amargamente del supuesto da?o que se les est? haciendo a ?sta ciudad, las m?ltiples denuncias que realizan a cada momento decenas de ciudadanos por las redes sociales, ya que seg?n su ?ptica, “solo se muestran las cosas malas”.
Musa Meyreles hizo sus cr?ticas y lamentaciones a trav?s de una llamada telef?nica al espacio interactivo “As? Son Las Cosas” de Radio Puerto Plata, donde habl? de diversos temas, pero hizo mayor ?nfasis en atacar la denuncias que realizan ciudadanos impotentes residentes en diversos sectores de esta ciudad sobre las malas condiciones de sus calles, acumulaci?n de la basura, calles a oscuras, entre otros t?picos que son de la responsabilidad de la alcald?a que dirige.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
i related news, alcalde of POP is asking that citizens do not report on social websites bad things about the city. because, you guessed it, it damages its reputation. reputation? how about notoriety? infamy? fix the city, man, and there will be no complains.
Instalaci?n de WordPress

since noticiaspop page has some issues here are the highlights:
El alcalde municipal de San Felipe de Puerto Plata; Walter Musa Meyreles, se quej? amargamente del supuesto da?o que se les est? haciendo a ?sta ciudad, las m?ltiples denuncias que realizan a cada momento decenas de ciudadanos por las redes sociales, ya que seg?n su ?ptica, “solo se muestran las cosas malas”.
Musa Meyreles hizo sus cr?ticas y lamentaciones a trav?s de una llamada telef?nica al espacio interactivo “As? Son Las Cosas” de Radio Puerto Plata, donde habl? de diversos temas, pero hizo mayor ?nfasis en atacar la denuncias que realizan ciudadanos impotentes residentes en diversos sectores de esta ciudad sobre las malas condiciones de sus calles, acumulaci?n de la basura, calles a oscuras, entre otros t?picos que son de la responsabilidad de la alcald?a que dirige.

Another one for the "you can't make this stuff up" collection........

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a follow up, sort of: Juramentan y posesionan en Hotel Lifestyle nueva directiva de Adompretur - Noticias POP

julio almonte invited members of adompretur POP to make a pact to only outline the positive things that occur in POP and avoid disseminating negative events that may damage its image. in other words, lie for the sake of image of POP. how blind are these folks? saying that POP is clean will change nothing. regularly cleaning the rubbish will actually make POP clean, full stop.

eh. goes together with the news that banreservas and mitur want to make POP into the most attractive city of the caribbean: Buscan convertir a Puerto Plata en la ciudad "m?s atractiva" del Caribe - DiarioLibre.com

stables of augeas come to mind.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
a follow up, sort of: Juramentan y posesionan en Hotel Lifestyle nueva directiva de Adompretur - Noticias POP

julio almonte invited members of adompretur POP to make a pact to only outline the positive things that occur in POP and avoid disseminating negative events that may damage its image. in other words, lie for the sake of image of POP. how blind are these folks? saying that POP is clean will change nothing. regularly cleaning the rubbish will actually make POP clean, full stop.

eh. goes together with the news that banreservas and mitur want to make POP into the most attractive city of the caribbean: Buscan convertir a Puerto Plata en la ciudad "m?s atractiva" del Caribe - DiarioLibre.com

stables of augeas come to mind.

just came back from a visit with La Profe this morning. took a look at the building which houses the Department of Tourism across the street from her office. it looks like the remains of what used to be a letrina in its salad days.

maybe Musa could suggest that somebody starts working on the image thing by putting the offices in a real building.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The Herculean task is to fix such the stupidity of people like Sr. Almonte.

windy, i have come to the conclusion that most of these people say things just to hear themselves talk. i used to attend some of those tourist meetings at the Meeting Place. i stopped going, because it is a complete waste of perfectly good time, and you are not ever going to hear a single thing that makes a shred of sense from the august guys that sit in the interrogation chairs. not to mention the obligatory lovely woman who is always a part of these groups, whom you know did not get the job because of what she knew, but whom she blew.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
No more images and reports of accidents and murders? Will it be ok to report suicides? Is this just a thinly disguised effort to put DV8 out of work?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
No more images and reports of accidents and murders? Will it be ok to report suicides? Is this just a thinly disguised effort to put DV8 out of work?

i am a madre de familia! i have cats to put though college!

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
There would be so many criminals if the gringos weren't coming and buying women and drugs.

The car wash in Imbert and all it's putas had plenty of business almost every night. I was the only Gringo within 10 miles of that place, and I wasn't buying, so that is simply not true.

As for the drugs, they are cheaper and easier to get in the US

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i run "puerto plata" image search and i could only see few negative images today. interesting. come to think of it when i read old threads about crime the links often do not work anymore...