Abel says, "Those who don't obey the law should be deported"

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
50 years ago! I think the only DR1 expat in DR longer than you is Hillbilly. I’m behind you at 45 years, I came in 1975.
AE with you, JD an Hillbilly I am the baby of the bunch I only go back to 1988 but I do remember coming up behind Balaguer once during his daily walk at Meador Sol the military following him did not play. Yes it was very different back then. think I misplaced the DR1 office by about a mile.

Reactions: AlterEgo

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
I would rather bring my family to Norway and stay there and spend my money. I am tired of the gringo tax.

Strange. I was tired of the Norwegian government tax, and the snow. I was born in Oslo and grew up
here.
snow II.jpg

The white on the ground is called snow, comes falling down from the sky and bury your car at night.

This is further down the valley, shot this morning (not by me) Sep 26th 2020.
snow I.jpeg

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If I never see snow again, I will not miss it. Hated the weather in the northeast US.

Now, has anyone seen the big green buses yet?

Reactions: Andre14615

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
My first trip was 1978. It was a business trip and our plant was in the free zone in San Pedro de Macoris. We stayed at a hotel near La Romana next to the sugar plant. If the prevailing wind changed sugar dust would fall on the hotel's restaurant and cover the tables. On the daily drive to San Pedro a burro died next to the road. Every day there was less of the burro remaining. What progress the DR has made since my first visit.

PS Sorry about the spelling.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
AE with you, JD an Hillbilly I am the baby of the bunch I only go back to 1988 but I do remember coming up behind Balaguer once during his daily walk at Meador Sol the military following him did not play. Yes it was very different back then. think I misplaced the DR1 office by about a mile.
Met Hillbilly in person a few years ago.
Wealth of knowledge about this country and nice folk. Ice cold beers a plus. Cheers.

Reactions: AlterEgo

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
There should be a separate thread about people's experiences in DR from years/decades ago, it is very interesting to read and informative too :love:
Good idea. I came in 2005 and even though a lot has happened it sounds like nothing compared to those years some of the older members have experienced. Didn’t Nals start a thread with photos from old Dom Rep ?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They aren't taking anything from me - leave them alone. It's not like overstayers are a burden to the DR. They are financially beneficial (for the most part)
I don't think our opinions matter here. CV19 has delayed other activities, but now the big green buses are rolling again.

• Sad
Reactions: johne

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
With the state of tourism as it is another Gringo Roundup would be like gargling Drano
You are right. They should only round up Haitians and Venezuelans that are illegally in the DR.
Those from the EU and North America should be allowed to stay for as long as they want.
Rule of law is not important. Money is.

• Sad
Reactions: johne

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
You are right. They should only round up Haitians and Venezuelans that are illegally in the DR.
Those from the EU and North America should be allowed to stay for as long as they want.
Rule of law is not important. Money is.
If it was my kingdom, I would round up everybody considered a problem, expect the Venezuelans.

Hmm, why do we have laws?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If it was my kingdom, I would round up everybody considered a problem, expect the Venezuelans.

Hmm, why do we have laws?
So people who are here illegally are deported?
Just a guess.

Would violating immigration law be a problem in your domain?