Abinader administration launches plan for orderly development in Santo Domingo province

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Luis-Abinader-Iniciativa-Santo-Domingo-2050-Diario-Digital-1024x509.png

President Luis Abinader launched on Sunday, 16 October 2022 the Santo Domingo 2050 Initiative. The new government program is described as the largest provincial strategy of territorial planning and sustainable development for the Dominican Republic. Its focus is the province of Santo Domingo. It will impact seven municipalities: Santo Domingo East, Pedro Brand, San Antonio de Guerra, Santo Domingo West, Bajos de Haina, Los Alcarrizos and Santo Domingo North.

The Presidency explains that the initiative seeks to counteract the concentrated population rate of the province of Santo Domingo, the highest in the country and one of the highest in the entire Caribbean region.

The President explained that Santo Domingo 2050 seeks to safeguard, organize and guarantee citizens’ quality of life and generate jobs. It is a plan to foster social, economic...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AlaPlaya

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Wow. Not the time if you ask me.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Seems like lots of projects at once countrywide, spreading the things (money) thin. Biting off more than you can chew. Good intentions, but, yeah, wow.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I doubt if this will cost much money and is desperately needed. Santo Domingo is a shambles because of little planning or realisation that populations world wide are becoming more urban based. All cities, towns and villages in the DR just grow without planning. or so it seems, and it is never too late to try to bring in some kind of order. Although this government is announcing many projects for the future, at present it seems to be just steadying the ship after many years of rapid infrastructure projects by Leonel and Danilo. I do not think this a bad thing .