About the new laws to set up corporations

Feb 7, 2007
the meetings took place several times and with much push from the private conglomerate of biz owners in the DR.

And that's the problem! Have small business owners been included in this negotiation? NO!!! Because if it was so, we would hear a strong NO to the (parts) of the law. I am not saying that the law is 100% bad, but it has bad, maybe even unconstitutional, portions. The law was made to advantage of these "private conglomerates".

I tell you something to open your eyes, Pichardo. Anywhere in the world, small businesses employ over 50% and create over 50% of nation's GDP. It's not the big business that is the largest employer. it's the small business. But it's the big business that produces a lot of s...t that the small business has to carry later on. That's why, anywhere in the world, small businesses are supported, not stepped upon to suffocate. Countries have agencies to support small businesses, not just with loans, but also with legal counseling, networking and even grants for creating employment. It looks like it's only in the DR where small businesses are bullied and thrown all kinds of impossible obstacles in the way.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yeap Rubio,
nothing to add.
my own business is in a very similar situation than yours.
no goods produced or traded, no gubmin contracting in mind(heck, the gubmin pays even worth than the touroperators, lol) and no import or export of anything.
to try to bring up such a law as a tero would not pass any court in any other country, other countries would not even think about to even try to get such done. give those big on the international market trading companies a newly formed status/name and apply such backup insurances for them, but not to the huge %%% of existing companies who will never get involved with any international trades.
Mike