Address in Puerto Plata for Drivers licence

Status
Not open for further replies.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
He parks up that little hill in the shade at the circle...... by a gate in a wall.

There is a fellow at the main road there - w/ a W C Fields type of nose who knows how to get him......... just stop and ask

good luck

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
really, how many times do we have to say it? go to the nearest driving school. they will sort it out for you. say you need to do the license and you do not want to take any tests. they deal with that stuff on daily basis.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"...go to the nearest driving school..."

There is no driving school in PC, nor close by so I figured I could get it done in a combination with a visit to POP I am planning... also since others on DR1 recommend and / or used the guy I would like to do it with him BUT I want to get in touch by phone to be sure he will be around when I come.

MANGOS

Jul 24, 2012
really, how many times do we have to say it? go to the nearest driving school. they will sort it out for you. say you need to do the license and you do not want to take any tests. they deal with that stuff on daily basis.

Same amount of times we ask for help and contact details.If you read we dont speak spanish so simply "say you need to do the license and you do not want to take any tests" is not that easy as you put it and also a gringo going in there asking usually as a response of either they dont know or you get ridiculed in Spanish for even asking...just my experience on when i have tried to do things here
Were just trying to get a contact for this guy or better still someone who might want to earn some money as i see theres 3 of us on here now all wanting help by actually going with, not just telling us to go..thats not helping

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my. i really do not know what to say...

the dude running escuela de chofere richard in POP speaks english.

i took theory exam with no spanish at all.

i believe you have to do a license in an office local to your residence. so no coming from PC to POP.

MANGOS

Jul 24, 2012
is richard still there do you know before i head down there?...also can you confirm if we need to pay fees prior at banca reserva before we go in there

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you have to do nothing. richard is the name of the school, not the owner. the owners (twin brothers) should be there all the time. well, maybe not lunch time.

actually, scratch all that. i called them. one of the brothers left for USA (i think he was married to americana). the other, jose olivier is still here. not sure this one speaks english thou...

i suggest you contact him directly. you have no friends or family who can help with spanish, at least with that guy? once you sort out things with him you are in the clear...

when i went to the driving school to learn how to drive i simply handed them all the money (their fee plus government fee) plus cedula number and they paid taxes. learning how to drive was fun :)

MANGOS

Jul 24, 2012
you have to do nothing. richard is the name of the school, not the owner. the owners (twin brothers) should be there all the time. well, maybe not lunch time.

actually, scratch all that. i called them. one of the brothers left for USA (i think he was married to americana). the other, jose olivier is still here. not sure this one speaks english thou...

i suggest you contact him directly. you have no friends or family who can help with spanish, at least with that guy? once you sort out things with him you are in the clear...

when i went to the driving school to learn how to drive i simply handed them all the money (their fee plus government fee) plus cedula number and they paid taxes. learning how to drive was fun :)

ok first you say "say you need to do the license and you do not want to take any tests"
BUT then you say "i took theory exam with no spanish at all"....SO actually you did take the test and have no knowledge of saying you dont want to take the tests otherwise wouldnt you of done that!!

Then you say "
the dude running escuela de chofere richard in POP speaks english"
Then you say "actually, scratch all that. i called them. one of the brothers left for USA (i think he was married to americana). the other, jose olivier is still here. not sure this one speaks english thou..""
NOW if you HAD of called them wouldnt you know if that guy spoke english or not !!!!

""""learning how to drive was fun"""":)
OK i think your just blowing smoke up our ass or something you know this other brother by name but dont know if he speaks english

IF theres anyone with real help to find a contact for this guy we would all be appreciative and also for future residents who will need to do this

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i used escuela de choferes richard nearly 5 years ago. did take the test, yes. i wanted to. it did not bother me. even thou i could not speak spanish.

you do not want to take any test so you have to announce it straight away.

i did not know any brothers by the name. WHEN I CALLED THIS SCHOOL FOR YOU i asked. this is how i know that one of the buggers is gone and what's other guys name. maybe you should do some work yourself instead of having people do it for you.

gosh, i go all the way to call them from my own mobile, at my own cost and all you can do it b**ch? why do i even bother? i'm done here. hopefully you will find someone to help you. or maybe now you will not, since you do not appreciate help and info given you so far.

MANGOS

Jul 24, 2012
i used escuela de choferes richard nearly 5 years ago. did take the test, yes. i wanted to. it did not bother me. even thou i could not speak spanish.

you do not want to take any test so you have to announce it straight away.

i did not know any brothers by the name. WHEN I CALLED THIS SCHOOL FOR YOU i asked. this is how i know that one of the buggers is gone and what's other guys name. maybe you should do some work yourself instead of having people do it for you.

gosh, i go all the way to call them from my own mobile, at my own cost and all you can do it b**ch? why do i even bother? i'm done here. hopefully you will find someone to help you. or maybe now you will not, since you do not appreciate help and info given you so far.

Where did i say in my post i didnt want to do the test...i just need help with translation..i dont do things half assed or short cut because this just backfires on you,thats why i got a lawyer to do my residency
YOUR STORY did not make sense..you said one thing then changed it and said another
There are 3 people on this thread trying to get help to obtain a licence properly ..this forum is to HELP people..NOT to tell half assed truths because you have nothing better to do.. probably sat in a bar using free wifi drinking a happy hour Bohemia.
5 YEARS ago and you think its the same procedure NOW!!!..was it 5 YEARS AGO you actually were in the DR...things have changed..if you lived in DR you should know that

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i live in DR. full time. get a translator to help you with communication with the driving school. i did the whole learning thing as i never had a license before and i did not know how to drive. i never changed my lines, i updated my info as i look my time to call that school for you and ask for the owner. i have internet at home. i do not drink bohemia.

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
I have to say something here. There seems to be a miscommunication.

As a DR1 contributor, there is no one more consistently and genuinely helpful than dv8!! Time and time again she goes out of her way, as she did here. Perhaps frustration with the lack of organization in the DR has temporarily caused you not to realize that, but it's a fact.

There is no way to approach these things here the way you would in the USA. I understand completely that isn't the answer you want, but it's reality. It's just the way things are here. Please consider taking a deep breath and read posts that dv8 answers, this and others.....use the search for "dv8". I think if you will, you will also find you misjudged her.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
He parks up that little hill in the shade at the circle...... by a gate in a wall.

There is a fellow at the main road there - w/ a W C Fields type of nose who knows how to get him......... just stop and ask

good luck

My DL is 2 yrs old now.... so my info (except for the phone number) s/b pretty accurate.

I expect you can pay the gov't fee at ANY BankReservas.... all you'll need is the receipt at the DL office.

Go to any school you can find an English speaker and talk to them with your wallet.... 3-4,000 pesos should do it.
That will help you take the computer test - which is animated cartoons of driving situations... answers are a simple yes/no - si/no in Spanish, so language isn't requ'd for that test.

Language in the office is... take any English speaker to help you there--- someone from a resort, clinica, lawyer's office.

Unless you want to drive all those hours, Sto Domingo might be easier to find help than POP.....

Do not stress any more about this..... go try it.... if it doesn't work.... go have that Bohemia and try again the next day.

Wait, any hooker will be happy to help.... easy money , no sex, just talk..... they speak English usually.

Seriously..... just find a talker for yourself if you can't hook on to a driving school.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"...Sto Domingo might be easier to find help than POP..."

You right. Language won't be a problem for me though. I wil check in Higuey again, if not, my lawyer in SDQ can connect me with the one where her daughter made her license... :)

few things: the government fee is about 2500 pesos in total. you pay 1380 for learners permit and then 990 for the licence.
please see below all prices and requisitions:
Republica Dominicana, Dominican Republic

the government page listing all details for learners permit:
www.gob.do - Carnet de aprendizaje para mayores de 18 a?os

for full licence:
www.gob.do - Emisi?n de primera licencia categor?a 02

for changing your foreign license to dominican one:
www.gob.do - Cambio de licencia de conducir extranjera a dominicana

details of the POP office:
Encargado: Porfirio Rodriguez
Direcci?n: Avenida Hermanas Mirabal Edificio Ministerio de Obras P?blicas, Sector Puerto Plata, C?digo Postal 57000, PUERTO PLATA, Provincia PUERTO PLATA
Referencia Detras del Estadio Jos? Brice?o
Horario de servicio Lunes a viernes de 8:00 a.m. a 4:30 p.m.
Tel?fono 809-244-4084

If you would read this post it tells you the address

Thanks dv8
Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.