Adriano Espaillat asks for US government to present evidence of accusations US tourists’ rights are violated

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Adriano-Espaillat-Presidencia-1024x575.png

US Congressman Adriano Espaillat has joined those in the Dominican Republic who request US Embassy withdraw the recent travel alert it has uploaded to its website in the Dominican Republic.

New York Congressman for the 13th District, Adriano Espaillat, requested on Wednesday, 23 November 2022 the immediate withdrawal of the note “Alert: Ongoing Dominican Migration Enforcement” issued by the Embassy of the United States of America on Saturday, 19 November 2022. He said the note is unfounded.

Espaillat expressed his categorical rejection of the measure and said he requested from the US State Department and the chargé d’affaires of the US Embassy in the Dominican Republic, Robert W. Thomas, verifiable evidence for the allegations made in the note. He said he has not received a response.

Espaillat spoke with journalists at the Presidential Palace at the end of a private...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cavok and SKY

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The US Embassy and the US as a whole CONSTANTLY makes bogus statements with NO EVIDENCE towards any Country that does not kiss their rear end. Good for the Dominican Republic and their US representative to call them out................

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Sounds to me like a pattern, anti DR sentiment in this administration. First this embassy warning, followed closely by the sugar ban. I hate to see what’s next.

Interesting you say that because someone made a comment to Adriano in a private setting stating that the US and a few other regions seems to be the only ones making illegal immigration a political partisan issue and continue to want to push that on other countries.

The person mentioned that regardless of political inclination Dominicans for the most part are on the same page in that the DR is a sovereign nation and has the right to enforce its' immigration policies. The Haitians will be the most affected with the enforcement with almost 2 million of them in the country and most of them illegally.

Adriano was forced to end his silence.

Reactions: cavok and SKY
Jan 9, 2004
Sounds to me like a pattern, anti DR sentiment in this administration. First this embassy warning, followed closely by the sugar ban. I hate to see what’s next.
It appears the Progressive Wing has gotten to the US President via the Executive Branch of government to take some sort of action. While that action is primarily focused on treatment of certain citizens arriving or already in the DR................the real underlying focus seems to be a subtle reference to the actions of the DR regarding Haitians.

Congressman Espaillat, a member of that Progressive Wing, is walking a real tightrope (politically) here. He is in essence challenging a statement likely made because of Progressive pressure............yet seemingly defending the DR. Notice he does not address the issue with Haiti also mentioned in the alert.

Further, he makes no statement in support of or against the sugar ban currently being imposed...........he has a tightrope walk for sure...........particularly if you view the donors to his political campaign.

He is a true politician..............whose concerns are primarily focused on providing lip service and getting re-elected.

This of course in time will all blow over, little will actually change, and things will again settle into the usual patterns.................

Anyone remember the embassy warnings several years ago to certain staff members about a particular nightspot in SD having an alleged color code for entrance?

If the US really really wanted to effect change................they would try to ban all US citizens from entering the country for tourism................that would get immediate attention and action..................but it will not happen.............for lots of reasons legal, political and financial.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Big

Apr 24, 2019
This issue will blow over quicker than you can say "all inclusive" or "cheap flights". Should the airlines ever get involved due to less tourists booking, the shift will be swift.

Reactions: thompstr

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

Nah, this is just what happens when you are a small country and you dont bend the knee to the US.

Imagine if petrol or gas was discovered in the DR...... the US would be over here in a flash to " liberate our as.sses " and " restore democracy " by way of bombs and missiles.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Domis are the only morons that persist in voting for a party that is so explicitly against the well being of their mother country. No other ethnic group out there behaves this way, just ask the Cubans what happened when dems pulled similar stunts against them.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Notice he does not address the issue with Haiti also mentioned in the alert.

Further, he makes no statement in support of or against the sugar ban currently being imposed...........he has a tightrope walk for sure...........particularly if you view the donors to his political campaign.

He is a true politician..............whose concerns are primarily focused on providing lip service and getting re-elected.
That makes him like all the others of his kind...worthless.
This of course in time will all blow over, little will actually change, and things will again settle into the usual patterns.................
On this I can agree.
Anyone remember the embassy warnings several years ago to certain staff members about a particular nightspot in SD having an alleged color code for entrance?
I do and I have personally experienced it.
In Santo Domingo and other parts of the 🇩🇴
For me, it is not big deal.
Everyone should go where they are treated best‼️
Took my money to another establishment where the gladly took it. 🤑