ADUANA and FedEX tried to put me in jail!

snowqueen

Dec 15, 2004
Berzin, I think you hit the nail on the head. By putting a value of $1 (come on, what can you get for a buck these days) it was a red flag & gave them the excuse to start an investigation. To the OP, I am glad that things worked out, and you were ok.

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
Money doesn't keep me in a safe place. I'm smart enough not to hang around unsafe places.

Did it feel good? Did you get your new Jordans dirty?

Don't worry about it. It's humor at another level ;)

Do you feel better now?

I don't go to unsafe places either. The police stopped me close to my house.

As for my Jordans, I take very good care of them. I know how to walk around in DR without getting my shoes dirty, yes it is possible and I live in a campo. I guess it makes me a bad person because I spend the money I earn working hard on some nice quality shoes that I think look nice. Or maybe I should just stop wearing all my clothes and change my wardrobe all together, because clearly wearing jordans automatically makes me guilty of something.

If you were locked in prison, would you like it if someone on the outside told you a joke about dropping the soap and said it was humor on another level?

Yes, I do feel better now.

Maybe if the true value of the item was put on the form you could of avoided this. You really think putting true value of $1 US on a box is'nt going to raise some flags?

I have items shipped to me from other countries on a regular basis, and the USPS is supposed to charge me whatever they're supposed to(customs duty, tax, whatever) and they never do.

Many times they don't even ask for ID like they are supposed to. Incompetence sometimes has a way of working in your favor, but remember where you live.

I know it can get frustrating, but how are you supposed to change anything by kicking everyones' ass?

I didn't beat up anyone from ADUANA, I'm sorry my bad, I should have cleared that up. The guachiman that was stealing from my friend's apartment got the beat down when we "caught" him. He deserved it too because one of the people living in the apartments was robbed at night and got attacked, and we figured out that if it wasn't him he had something to do with it (we investigated and yes we that was the scenario)...and then I guess the super of the building caught on to what was happening so all of a sudden he just took leave to NY (we found out he had something to do with it also...)

...as for the value on the box, it was BS. There was a little dot on the paper placed UNDER the 1 in 100 and clearly resembled a spot cause from staining. This happens quite often in DR, where ADUANA/FedEX employees will place the dot or make a spot seem like a dot to try and change the value of the box. It happens alot ALL the time and they've tried to do it several people I know.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
My comment about getting your Jordans getting dirty related to the beating of the security guy. I couldn't careless that you wear Jordans or that your hard working, live in the campo etc etc. Get the chip off your shoulder.

My advice....

Don't live in the campo, especially if you wear Jordans that have been shipped FedEx by your aunt from the USA. Also, avoid dots, they can be harmful to your health.

Next....

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Fun

Now this is a FUN thread!
The guy is cracking me up.
All over the place and biting
at at all. I think I saw this scenario
the other night on a novela on tv.

G

gary short

My comment about getting your Jordans getting dirty related to the beating of the security guy. I couldn't careless that you wear Jordans or that your hard working, live in the campo etc etc. Get the chip off your shoulder.

My advice....

Don't live in the campo, especially if you wear Jordans that have been shipped FedEx by your aunt from the USA. Also, avoid dots, they can be harmful to your health.

Next....

You are one cool cucumber.....mate......

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007

My advice....

Next....

I'm glad that you don't "care", but you care enough about it to quote me and say something about it. ;) Keep on hating, hater.

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
aguakateyplatanotolodia,

Are you a "cadenu"?:p

jajajaja dike cadenu no i'm not tacky i'm kind of a "yo" but not dike pasao yo, i dress kind of urban because its a style that i like and i feel more comfortable that way. I don't have a problem with the way anyone else dress pero esos roqueros que estudian arquitectura en PUCMM son muy raro...muy raro :ermm:

PS This is off topic, but they should allow/enable people to have "avatars" on this forum, just a thought...but no signatures, that ****s everything up.

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
No, I haven't, but I have seen the ones in San Pedro and those art students in Altos de Chav?n - posers all. Then when you bring them down wthout them realizing it, they pretend to be humble.

Art students are always weird (no offense to any of you if you are one yourself). LOL, posers. They're the way they are because kids over here have very little access to newer rock cultures/fashions/fads in the US. They only know what they know through the internet and whatnot. We've already got goths here, soon enough we'll have the ungodly mutation....emo kids/scenesters/hardcore/indie snob/etc.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
There are already a few emos out there, they hang out at Acropolis on Friday nights. "Papi te odio! mandame el chofer pa cojerme en Acropolis" hahaha

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Art students are always weird (no offense to any of you if you are one yourself). LOL, posers. They're the way they are because kids over here have very little access to newer rock cultures/fashions/fads in the US. They only know what they know through the internet and whatnot. We've already got goths here, soon enough we'll have the ungodly mutation....emo kids/scenesters/hardcore/indie snob/etc.

And, much like in the States, the vast majority of so-called Gotes in the D.R. do not have an inkling as to what Gothic means.

There. I said it.

bigjuan163usmc

May 18, 2007
And, much like in the States, the vast majority of so-called Gotes in the D.R. do not have an inkling as to what Gothic means.

There. I said it.

I never understood why Gothic, or Goth, was the name attributed to those freaks. Its a Germanic tribe and a style of arquitecture, not some man who wears black lipstick, enjoys BDSM, and cutting his wrists for attention.

There are already a few emos out there, they hang out at Acropolis on Friday nights. "Papi te odio! mandame el chofer pa cojerme en Acropolis" hahaha

Jajajaja spoiled. My cousin en the capital is like that. Makes me curl.

Seachange

Jan 13, 2004
www.Banker-Trust.com
At Banker Trust we bring in a large volume of client packages on a daily basis and have never had a problem. However, we've had clients who have tried to do it themselves and regretted the experience. While these experiences were not as dramatic as reported here, these people were "held up."