Advice on buying a home in the DR

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
She has, unfortunately due to her good heart , been ripped off by those she considered friends. The amazing thing, is several of those people act like the deceit and theft never happened. I have heard a thousand stories about people ripped off by family here in the DR. I take gossip with a grain of salt but I am sure there is a lot of truth in those stories.

Sad but true. I could tell some stories too. 😓

Reactions: CristoRey

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
My family is old school Italian mafia on one side. Not worried about anybody. I'll find them if I need to.

This can't be serious, lol
Most of you would be surprised how serious this can be. But then again, most of you watch too much television, and live in small mental realities. And “connected guys” whether mafia, cartel, oligarchs, etc. use their families all the time; distant or otherwise. And yes, they do have broke family members as well.

I’ve had loads of family members extradited to the US over the past 20 years. Being woken up to helicopters with DEA agents roping down on the ceiling and property. Most recent in 2016 (Samuel “Ninety” Knowles to Austin “Ozzie Knowles Jr.). Thankfully for me, my side of the family was fortunate enough financially through legal means not to be involved in illegal activities. Although, the lifestyle is hella fun!

OP, send me a direct message. There are ways for you to get sorted. You will of course need 10% down payment on the home at minimum if you’re looking to finance. But, it may not be the home you’ve already selected. I’m actively acquiring property, homes, and condos all over the DR at the moment and can connect you with the right people to be assured you’re not taken advantage of.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Most of you would be surprised how serious this can be. But then again, most of you watch too much television, and live in small mental realities. And “connected guys” whether mafia, cartel, oligarchs, etc. use their families all the time; distant or otherwise. And yes, they do have broke family members as well.

I’ve had loads of family members extradited to the US over the past 20 years. Being woken up to helicopters with DEA agents roping down on the ceiling and property. Most recent in 2016 (Samuel “Ninety” Knowles to Austin “Ozzie Knowles Jr.). Thankfully for me, my side of the family was fortunate enough financially through legal means not to be involved in illegal activities. Although, the lifestyle is hella fun!

OP, send me a direct message. There are ways for you to get sorted. You will of course need 10% down payment on the home at minimum if you’re looking to finance. But, it may not be the home you’ve already selected. I’m actively acquiring property, homes, and condos all over the DR at the moment and can connect you with the right people to be assured you’re not taken advantage of.
lol ..you have had "loads of family members extradited to the U.S" "DEA agents roping down on ceilings" ..yea sure and I am a Mi6 agent

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

Thank you Tony Montana for enlightening me, though I did mention I am guilty of watching too much Netflix.

I am perfectly content with my small mental realities, I greatly value my sleep I am not trying to be awaken up by anyone roping down on my ceiling.

Bolded point......After a long reflection, I choose not to comment to protect the lives of those around me :ROFLMAO:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Another Frankie "Mr. Fix It" Corleone.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I still don't understand why this forum allows posts from guys like Mr.Deal HD and shuts down the Off Topic thread.
I get that this is a DR forum but some dickhead that posts about his criminal activity is allowed but at the same time we can't say anything political or race related.
I think the mods need to have a sit down and rethink the rules. Or as my dad used to say it's time to get your head out of you ass!

• Wow
Reactions: Caonabo

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I still don't understand why this forum allows posts from guys like Mr.Deal HD and shuts down the Off Topic thread.
I get that this is a DR forum but some dickhead that posts about his criminal activity is allowed but at the same time we can't say anything political or race related.
I think the mods need to have a sit down and rethink the rules. Or as my dad used to say it's time to get your head out of you ass!

Reread his post. He says his side of the family earned their money legally.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Reread his post. He says his side of the family earned their money legally.
I could post news links for days bragging about my (negative)
past but I choose not to because I am a much different
person than I was 20 years ago. I try to live my life in a
positive manner these days and I encourage others to
do the same....
although I've never claimed to be perfect and on occasion,
after a few drinks, I might have slipped up a time or three :rolleyes:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
People are waaaaaaaaay to sensitive these days but it's their forum.
Kinda like it's their country. No matter how long we live here, no matter
how many kids we have, no matter who we're married to or what type of
business(es) we own....
We are a guest and we will always be a guest until the day they say otherwise.
I feel the same way about being a (tolerated) member of this forum.

Reactions: melphis and aarhus

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I appreciate it, truly. I have a great sense of humor and love with all I am. I don't however appreciate people's judgement when they don't even know me. I mean, if you have a forum that says that it's here to help, then help. If all you have in your insignificant sad life is this forum, make it known. Man up. It's all good. I'm not mad at you. I got jokes too. Seriously though. I was reaching for help because I need it. If you funny, let a newbie know. I appreciate the goodness in those who actually took the time to help out. I'm going to buy in my name. I will find a good, honest person to help me down there. God has always had my back. Thank you for your kindness.
Don’t mind people here...the problem is we have seen this ver and over pretty girl comes on here I want info my fren says... and 99.99% it is a sad ending ..it doesn’t help he told you big fib so understand this about Dominican hustle you won’t know till it’s to late...and when you shake hands count your fingers and check for your wallet and you will be fine..use lawyer put in your name..we lost a great board member not to a long ago ,her husband playing the long con game took her life..

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Don’t mind people here...the problem is we have seen this ver and over pretty girl comes on here I want info my fren says... and 99.99% it is a sad ending ..it doesn’t help he told you big fib so understand this about Dominican hustle you won’t know till it’s to late...and when you shake hands count your fingers and check for your wallet and you will be fine..use lawyer put in your name..we lost a great board member not to a long ago ,her husband playing the long con game took her life..
There's been more than one thread on DR1 about
a foreigner being murdered down here by someone
they trusted and the motive is always the same.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I think most took it for what it was "creative writing". DEA agents speed roping onto rooftops, "loads of family members being extradited to the U.S" Tom Clancy would be envious about those writings.

Reactions: Caonabo and aarhus

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I have been there back and forth three times now and I love it. I speak Spanish well. My friend down there I trust and would put the house in his name. He can't negotiate because he doesn't know how to tell when he is being taken advantage of. Some of the Dominicans I met are the most passionate people I have ever encountered. Just surrounded with positivity and love. That's where I want to be. If I work up here and pay it off, I would like to be down there permanently in the next 3- 5 years. I'm 51and HATE the cold. I grew up in crappy projects in NJ. My family is from Jersey City and Newark. Makes the DR look like Disney World in comparison. I am not afraid of anything. I was there when the water went off for a week. The light and the internet went out every day for hours. I am not materialistic. I would live there under a platano tree buck naked and be happy. I'm just not trying to get ripped off. If I put the house in his name he can live there and take care of it while I visit back and forth until I can go for good. My family is old school Italian mafia on one side. Not worried about anybody. I'll find them if I need to. Just trying to see the best way to purchase down there without all the drama. If you know about how to do it, I appreciate the advice. If you are just going to make stupid comments, do it elsewhere. If you have useful, real and helpful information, I thank you for your time. I know some people here have families there and know the ins and outs. That's what I'm looking for. Thanks.
This descibes your needs very well. That being said why complicate things by making an investment in what just about every poster on board has stated is suiside. If you can live "live under a platano tree" then surely you should have no problem with a very afforable $300 month rented apartment. No? If you survived JC and Newark (I once owned apartment buildings in East Orange so I know what you are talking about) you will find just about any area in the DR to be paradise. The beauty of this country is (especially in your price range) is there is NO need to buy. At $300 a month for example your yearly rent would be $3600 for the year. I'm certain the interest on your loan if you bought would be higher. Do you have any compelling reasons to buy other than what you stated so far in your posts? Please share with us if so. Good luck in whatever you do.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This descibes your needs very well. That being said why complicate things by making an investment in what just about every poster on board has stated is suiside. If you can live "live under a platano tree" then surely you should have no problem with a very afforable $300 month rented apartment. No? If you survived JC and Newark (I once owned apartment buildings in East Orange so I know what you are talking about) you will find just about any area in the DR to be paradise. The beauty of this country is (especially in your price range) is there is NO need to buy. At $300 a month for example your yearly rent would be $3600 for the year. I'm certain the interest on your loan if you bought would be higher. Do you have any compelling reasons to buy other than what you stated so far in your posts? Please share with us if so. Good luck in whatever you do.
OP clearly stated she was broke.
Looking to buy something in 3-5 years.
Is she planning on living here before she buys?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
OP clearly stated she was broke.
Looking to buy something in 3-5 years.
Is she planning on living here before she buys?
Who knows? I am of the opinion that OP is going to do whatever she wants with or without "advise" from this board. So be it. BTW, if anyone has a strong, solid analysis, based on facts, as to what the future will be like after covid19 in the DR, post that right here. No opinions please. Solid, steel supported concrete FACTS. I'll check back on this every six months over the next couple of years God willing. 😎