Against everything I believe in...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
DSCF2856.jpg

You teasing me with this photo??? :)

The Border Collie my father has right now is about the smartest member of our family. Super intelligent breed :)

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
on a side note...I noticed that the road side puppy seller had a new batch of puppies for sale yesterday - his business is doing well from kindly expats that think they are recusing these pups, in fact they just breed more so you are doing no one any favours by buying them

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
You teasing me with this photo??? :)

The Border Collie my father has right now is about the smartest member of our family. Super intelligent breed :)

As Belgiank cursing discovered hahaha
meaning that Gray is still herding Peter proving that by dropping the disc (fribee) 5 M in front of him, making here round around him and as he steps forwards to get the disc, pinching in his legs...come on sheepalike, MOVE!! :)
But he is getting there...slowly ;)

Last edited:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Since we arrived here, and were known as professional trainers and breeders, people have approached us with their puppies, and asked for our help to sell them...

I have always oposed and fought this in Belgium, and will continue to do so in the DR...

If I would try to "help" these people, I would quickly gain the "rep" of being handy in selling pups and making easy money for the breeder... and therefore encouraging wild breeding...

As a breeder and lover of dogs... I uphold two rules... either you breed dogs of a certain breed (race) in order to maintain the original breed-standard (and no... I do not believe in improving it... nature knew what it did when it established the race), or you adopt a stray, mix, beach dog, poubelle (garbage dog in french), and give it a good home....

So, everybody who just breeds to make money, will be discouraged by me...

And to be ahead of all comments... yes, we breed Malinois and Aussie's... and yes, we make some money out of that breeding program.... but, we also are very picky about future owners, we are very carefull in selecting the breeding mates, at considerable expense, to remain in the breeding standard, and to breed pups of the highest quality...

This Dominican guy loves his dogs, takes care of them in a manner I have known few people (regardless of country) to do so... and is looking for a good home for them... and therefore he gained my support...

As far as breed, coat, etc... and the heat of the DR are concerned... I can only say that most dogs adapt themselves perfectly... we have friends here with a couple of huskies, and they are perfectly happy over here, same for a russian terrier, etc...

Of course we own the exception to the rule, which is our border collie, Gray, with an exceptional thick coat, and suffering from the heat... therefore our jacuzzi is a blissfull island of blue water, with some gray/white/black/tan animal floating around most of the time (blue merle BC)

You echo our thinking exactly.......

you, also, JR (although I was guilty just once before I knew better - hence Annie)

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Another example of how smart a border collie is...don't get any milk anymore from mum...just take some from aunty Acira :bunny:

DSCN0734.jpg

everybody likes a different taste in drinks once in a while... the next pic showed her to go ... pffft.... pfffft.... and her running of to get a sip of water....:bunny:

btw... as things stand now, I believe there are still 2 pups available...