Air Canada announces renewal of flights to the DR

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Air canada has not announced anything . It was mentioned in an article in a meeting they had with the dominican ambassodor to canada , and told her that they hope to have flights returning to the DR by June 26th. NOT OFFICIAL . But as noted 6billion and Gov part owned , I say they must have an inside track. But not official till the other airlines work out their deals. Agree PUJ is AC's first destination , if airtransat gets off its feet , POP will be back in play. As for westjet , I'd rather board the SS minnow.
Yet pre-covid Westjet has been the only airline with consistent year around service to POP.
This was the most important link for Canadian DR residents.

AC and TS focus on winter charter flights for Can tourists.
Previous AC flights have been replaced by Rouge.

WS in premium is certainly tolerable for a 4HR flight.
Don't forget that residents of the Canadian West Coast and Prairies have no direct flights to POP.
Transit through YYZ or YUL is necessary.
TS used to have flights in the winter season YVR-POP-PUJ, however POP has been removed.

Reactions: Michael DR

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
For the past few years both WJ and AC did not have any direct flights from western Canada to the DR. Everything connected through Toronto or Montreal. Not sure about Air Transat as they don't have much of a presence in the West.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Whereas Canadian air travel is not yet bouncing back,
Some global traffic is returning, the US is doing well.

Canadian covid hotels have been a grave detriment to air travel.
Three hotels in Toronto now had covid outbreaks.
Would normal travellers want to stay at designated covid hotels?

Maybe the government will face law suits by guests and workers who have been infected.
Time to use PCR tests and let people quarantine at their home.

MGD

Jan 3, 2021
Toronto
Air Transat is showing a flight from YUL-POP on June 17th.
MONTREAL — Air Transat has extended the suspension of its flights until July 29, due to continued travel restrictions in Canada and abroad.
The airline run by tour company Transat AT advised passengers of the extension of the suspension that was slated to end in mid-June in a travel advisory on its website.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
This thread needed major cleaning up. The topic is resumption of flights from Canada to the DR.

It is not Canadian quarantine hotels, efficacy of vaccines, percentages of population vaccinated or anything other than flights between the DR and Canada.

Next off-topic post in this thread will result in a small vacation for the poster.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
That was longtime ago and true in US...here in Canada we are hoovering in at 80-85% going to get vaccine.. some redneck provinces slightly higher anti but I’ve noticed even my Dominican/Alberta anti vaccine friends needed up getting it..attitudes are changing but you have the 10% no way in hope of hell of any type of vaccine so it will be interesting to see this play out..which will be shortly... soon we will see who where and what with vaccine passports ..

I warned that next off topic post would result in banning. Hope the rest of you don't ignore my warning.

Reactions: Lou2100 and melphis