Air Transat to El Catey...confirmed!!!

Everett

Jun 8, 2006
Dude! That's what Title Insurance is all about. You won't get many clients in your Real Estate business with your kind of thinking.
No title no sale. An uninformed buyer will just cause you problems down the road and ruin your reputation.
Now, if you can do your own title searches and can get them signed off with secure title and are willing to go to that effort. Then you are one happening cat, man!

tomas.avogadro

Aug 27, 2006
Mr Everett,

I´m not looking for new clients by this time, I already got one, and he is buying all what I can offer, meaning many millons of m2. I´m trying to get more of this opcions right now soo I could offer him more.
Even his buying the rights over the messurings I´ve just started. He also sells this propertys before he gets to pay to the land owners, soo you can see, is not just me doing good deals with this lands.
Luckily I´ve haven´t got any trouble with people reclameing posesion rights over the lands I´m messuring, and by now I think I could affort to be wrong sometimes and and loose the little money of the messuring process, I hope I dont.
And I don´t know the expression "happening cat", could you please tell me what is about?

ps: I do not know as much as you do about real state business, but if you think that buying land with title gives you any kind of inssuerence in this country, you need to re-read the rulls of this game.

Everett

Jun 8, 2006
Selling property without title is unethical unless it is fully disclosed to the buyer.
If you are OPTIONING it then it is simply a legal gamble.
As you describe your business strategy, it seems to me that you have a classic pyramid Ponzi scheme going.
Title insurance is what it is: insuring the risk that the buyer has clear title.

tomas.avogadro

Aug 27, 2006
once again I´m sorry I cant share your opinion
Of course my client knows his risks by buying over resolution, while title is coming, that´s why I do this background reaserch of the property owners before starting dealing, and thats why its such a good business.
And on the other hand, by buying a property with it legal title, you could be expose to some other title brought by any dominicanyorker from a higher courtroom from 18..somthing, abolishing yours.
Or after you bought a property and you get your title with your name on it, some family came claming sucessors rights over your property and you´ll go to trail, and if they can probe your property was from his family or the one who sold you wasnt the real family owner, even having title for it, you´ll be burn.
I´m working in some "determinacion de herederos" and the land from my client was already sold twice to americans, with it´s legal old title, new owners are building some tourist projetc on it. Last week audience, the judge sentence against the americans who while have to quit his proyect and all the money they put on it, so you can explain them about title insuerence.
If new national park and preserved areas law, are affecting your land, you could find many diferent uses for your brand new title, but for sure you wont be able to sell, construct or anything there, unless you can have leonels approvement for it, unfortunatly, thats the way things work here arround.
Right now I got over my table 3 titles from diffrent owners of the same property.
You still think paper work gives you any kind of insuarence, maybe in montreal but for sure not here.
You should know that the luck of digital sistem at the cataster register office present a big problem for people who buys over shure, there isnt any control about titles moving arround and not long ago you could buy them.
But, I´m not trying to convince you about this, it´s just my unexperience way of thinking, maybe I need to listen and learn from you experts.
I just know I´m not cheating anyone, and things are going well for me until now and also for my client. soo good luck to you too my friend..

ps. my ignorance includes not knowing about englishbusiness terms like "classic pyramid Ponzi scheme" but I can guess what you mean..

POR SUERTE EL ESPAÑOL, ITALIANO Y PORTUGUES SE ME DA MUY BIEN.

Everett

Jun 8, 2006
If there is no security to ownership then why purchase any property at all?
Where is the value?
You say "while title is coming" then "you could be expose to some other title" (sic).
This suggests that, even if you are able to achieve secure title, that title is not secure.
If you have insurance than you are indemnified against that exposure
by your policy.
As for doing a title search, or title background as you say, that is what a reputable title insurance firm does as part of their own due diligence. Stewart Title, as an example, is not going to write an insurance policy if they have doubt that they are at risk.
I suppose that, given what you say you are doing, the greater the risk the greater the reward. A purchaser would then purchase at a steep discount?
But then, where is the reward: who will ultimately purchase the property at full value if there is no security in owner occupancy or development?
I don't doubt your sincerity and it is wonderful that you are making commissions off these sales.
Pour moi, c'est tout fini.