Airlines schedule many flights as of June and July

MarJD

Aug 29, 2012
It is 7 days of quarantine for returning Dominicans/residents via repatriation.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
How are they doing this 7 day quarantine? is it at home self-quarantine or are they holding travelers somewhere before and then release?

Jan 9, 2004
How are they doing this 7 day quarantine? is it at home self-quarantine or are they holding travelers somewhere before and then release?

They are quarantining travelers at specific locations controlled by them (Aduana). My wife's friend was 7 days at the Club de Aduana in Santo Domingo Este. Medical checks were given each day until release.

There are no self-quarantines.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
  • Love
Reactions: irsav

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Good news! Much better than that August BS.
Until the DR government states when the borders are open, those flights in June and July are what is BS.

The airlines are in rough shape. They are taking bookings and cancelling flights as the dates approach. It is unwise to book anything until
that date of reopening the DR is known.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
I was told that it is estimated that on the date when our DR is re-opened approximately 1.64 millions of people will want to buy tickets.
I agree with it.It is possible and highly probable.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Good news! Much better than that August BS.
Nan! You are already in Boca Chica!! And the majority of us now can only day dream and painfully suffer.
Boca Chica is the true Heart and Soul of this country. You are our best man there now. :alien:

Reactions: NanSanPedro
Jan 9, 2004
I hope that flights will resume before the Aug 11 date. The five stages of opening do not mention when the borders will open, only that tour operators and hotels will open on 11 Aug. This has no correlation with flights or borders. We are an island nation and people need to travel for many other reasons other than just tourism.

I'm guessing that DR govt will watch and see what the USA does with respect to its borders and act accordingly.
/QUOTE]

Correct.....along with all the other countries that have flights into the DR.

This is a two way street. The DR can open its borders all it wants, but if other countries are not allowing international flights back (excluding repatriation flights)...........it takes two to tango.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: El Rey de Mangu

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Until the DR government states when the borders are open, those flights in June and July are what is BS.

The airlines are in rough shape. They are taking bookings and cancelling flights as the dates approach. It is unwise to book anything until
that date of reopening the DR is known.

Totally agree. I'm anxious to see my mom and sister in the USA but won't book anything now.

mt_net

Mar 19, 2009
I might be ok with doing quarantine upon return to DR. But I do want to know what it entails beforehand...

Reactions: ctrob

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
They are quarantining travelers at specific locations controlled by them (Aduana). My wife's friend was 7 days at the Club de Aduana in Santo Domingo Este. Medical checks were given each day until release.

There are no self-quarantines.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Who's paying for what on these quarantines? Who's paying for the lodging? And how are the quarantinees being fed?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Copied and pasted from the "International Travel" thread line of evening last...….

Here is an interesting twist.....

Will international travel resume this year? Treasury Secretary Mnuchin says it's 'too hard to tell'.....

U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin encouraged Americans to focus on domestic travel this year as the international travel outlook for the rest of 2020 remains uncertain amid the coronavirus pandemic.

In response to a question from Maria Bartiromo on Fox Business Network Monday about whether international travel will be opened up this year, he responded, “Too hard to tell at this point."

The Treasury secretary clarified that there may be room for limited international travel: “Obviously, for businesspeople that do need to travel, there will be travel on a limited basis."

Travelers interested in going abroad don't have many options, given a slew of international travel restrictions, government travel warnings and limited international flights. In late March, the U.S. State Department issued its highest alert level for international travel, telling Americans to avoid all international travel, an advisory that remains in place.

The Treasury secretary hailed domestic travel as a better option, though many states have traveler restrictions in place.

“The president’s also looking about ways to stimulate travel. We want people to travel safely, to be able to visit places safely," Mnuchin said. "So as the economy opens up, I think you’ll see demand coming back. Our priority is opening the domestic economy."

U.S. airlines hope that's the case, but executives said they see little, if any, signs of near-term travel demand. United Airlines President Scott Kirby said Friday that travel demand is essentially "zero'' and cautioned that could be the scenario into 2021.

He and Gary Kelly, CEO of Southwest Airlines, said there is little impetus for most people to travel, even within the USA, until there are things to do when they get to their destinations, from eating at restaurants to visiting tourist attractions such as Disney World and Disneyland.

Mnuchin remains optimistic.

“This is a great time for people to explore America. A lot of people haven’t seen many parts of America,'' Mnuchin said. "I wish I could get back on the road soon.”

www.usatoday.com

Will international travel resume this year? Treasury Secretary Mnuchin says it's 'too hard to tell'
U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said domestic trips are probably the better option for Americans this year.

www.usatoday.com

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Copied and pasted from the "International Travel" thread line of evening last...….

Here is an interesting twist.....

Will international travel resume this year? Treasury Secretary Mnuchin says it's 'too hard to tell'.....

U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin encouraged Americans to focus on domestic travel this year as the international travel outlook for the rest of 2020 remains uncertain amid the coronavirus pandemic.

In response to a question from Maria Bartiromo on Fox Business Network Monday about whether international travel will be opened up this year, he responded, “Too hard to tell at this point."

The Treasury secretary clarified that there may be room for limited international travel: “Obviously, for businesspeople that do need to travel, there will be travel on a limited basis."

Travelers interested in going abroad don't have many options, given a slew of international travel restrictions, government travel warnings and limited international flights. In late March, the U.S. State Department issued its highest alert level for international travel, telling Americans to avoid all international travel, an advisory that remains in place.

The Treasury secretary hailed domestic travel as a better option, though many states have traveler restrictions in place.

“The president’s also looking about ways to stimulate travel. We want people to travel safely, to be able to visit places safely," Mnuchin said. "So as the economy opens up, I think you’ll see demand coming back. Our priority is opening the domestic economy."

U.S. airlines hope that's the case, but executives said they see little, if any, signs of near-term travel demand. United Airlines President Scott Kirby said Friday that travel demand is essentially "zero'' and cautioned that could be the scenario into 2021.

He and Gary Kelly, CEO of Southwest Airlines, said there is little impetus for most people to travel, even within the USA, until there are things to do when they get to their destinations, from eating at restaurants to visiting tourist attractions such as Disney World and Disneyland.

Mnuchin remains optimistic.

“This is a great time for people to explore America. A lot of people haven’t seen many parts of America,'' Mnuchin said. "I wish I could get back on the road soon.”

Could it be a way to encourage or promote domestic tourism in the US ?

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I might be ok with doing quarantine upon return to DR. But I do want to know what it entails beforehand...
I can't imagine any quarantines being in place after whatever date the planes are allowed to fly. Next to nobody is going to travel anythere where there are closed hotels and a mandatory quarantine.

Reactions: windeguy
Jan 9, 2004
Who's paying for what on these quarantines? Who's paying for the lodging? And how are the quarantinees being fed?

The Dominican government "picked up the tab" for the passenger quarantines. They were likely required to as a condition of the COVID-19 bailout money they accepted/received from the US $2 million/IMF$650 million/World Bank $150 million.

So they gladly picked up the tab;).........and notice that the quarantine was in a government owned property.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: Caonabo