Alanindr's dad.

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
How awful for you, Mary and the rest of the family

Just read this thread, and can not express how sad we feel for all of you. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. If there is anything at all that we can do just let us know.

Your friends,

Danny & Dianne

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Condolences from this little corner of DR1. How terribly difficult this must be for you.

Chiri :cry:

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
AlaninDR said:
Thanks to each and everyone of you that have phoned, pm'd and emailed condolences. Many i've never had the pleasure to meet but who I will personally thank for your kind thoughts.

Dear Alan, I am so sorry to read this bad news. I hope God helps you and your loved ones go through this with serenity...

You are on my prayers,

Jess

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
AlaninDR,

I don't think we have ever posted anything towards each other here, but I am truly sorry for what happened to your father.

At the very least, he is where nobody can hurt him anymore and with God's will, those low life's would get what they deserve.

Remember, don't take it too hard. What goes around, comes around and in this world. Those cowards who commited this will see Justice, especially in the US.

May God be with you and your family during these times and may the bastards who commited this crime get what they deserve!

Madge

Jan 3, 2004
Alan and Mary,

We are so very sorry to hear of your news. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Steve and Pam

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Detectives called about 11:30PM Wednesday evening telling me they had executed a search warrant, found evidence and the two people have confessed.

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
In Honour of Alan's Dad...

AlaninDR said:
Detectives called about 11:30PM Wednesday evening telling me they had executed a search warrant, found evidence and the two people have confessed.
In honour of Alan's dad, spiritual man that he was, I would like to invite all of Alan and Mary's friends to come by here tonight,(Dec 23rd) to toast his life.
The drinks will be on the house.
If we are still sober enough, we will also drink to the good health of the policewoman who caught the scumbags.
Then if we're still standing and able to spread our lips for one more drink, we will toast two of the finest people who ever set foot in the DR, Alan and Mary Sparks.
The ceremonies will take place tonight, from 6 to 8 PM.
All of Alan & Mary's friends are welcome.
Marco.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Rocky said:
In honour of Alan's dad, spiritual man that he was, I would like to invite all of Alan and Mary's friends to come by here tonight,(Dec 23rd) to toast his life.
The drinks will be on the house.
If we are still sober enough, we will also drink to the good health of the policewoman who caught the scumbags.
Then if we're still standing and able to spread our lips for one more drink, we will toast two of the finest people who ever set foot in the DR, Alan and Mary Sparks.
The ceremonies will take place tonight, from 6 to 8 PM.
All of Alan & Mary's friends are welcome.
Marco.

I'll be there in spirit. May he rest in peace.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
AlaninDR said:

Alan and Mary,

Although your father can never be returned to you, the news of these peoples capture and confession should help bring closure to the uncertainties surrounding his death. I hope that being around friends can help ease the pain during the holidays. I, too, will be there in spirit. God bless.

Larry

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That is truly good news

I am sorry that I didn't see it earlier, but I think I'll have a couple for them down here in STGO.

Thanks, "Rocky" for the treat. And Thanks Alan for the news.

Now,, I want the Texas Justice system to take over...

HB

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
True Friends

Hillbilly said:
I am sorry that I didn't see it earlier, but I think I'll have a couple for them down here in STGO.
HB

Hey Hillbilly,
It certainly was short notice for a get-together, but we were all so ecstatic to hear that the perpetrators of this heinous crime had been apprehended, and I knew that Alan & Mary?s friends, far away in other parts of the country would not have time to change their schedules to join us, not to mention trying to drive home after being force fed so many of Ted?s ?China Whites?. It?s already dangerous enough on the roads here at night, without attempting it when you?re 3 sheets to the wind.
Those of us who were here in Sosua, within crawling distance of our homes, drank to Alan?s dad?s good life and got to chat with Alan & Mary online with the webcam.
We were fortunate to have Robert in town, along with D&D, Danny, Dianne and daughter & husband, and a bunch of Sosua friends as well.
Lovely Lut, Sylvia, Dawn, aka Dawnwill, Scott, aka Escott, Joe, aka Cyabye, Brad of North Coast Dive Center, Ted, the mad bartender, and many others were present and able to chat with our Texan friends.
Colonel Hawa, sub-commander of the Dominican Airforce, made a special appearance as well, along with ?ayudantes?.
It was quite obvious from the turnout, that Alan & Mary are well loved in our community.
It has been difficult to get into the Christmas spirit, after such a terrible thing happening to our good friends.
We all hope that this it the beginning of some closure for this non-sensical crime commited against such a fine man.

DFW news reports talk about Alan?s Dad being one of the finest citizens in their community, and I quote?
?FORT WORTH - Fred Pearson Sparks was an 82-year-old, kind-hearted man who couldn't turn away a person in need.
Police say that when the two met a few months ago, Sparks reacted true to form. The retired postal worker didn't hire Choyce to do any work, he just simply gave her money to pay her electric bill.
If someone was in need, he would help them."

We have lost a fine man here on Earth. Now Heaven is a better place, as he joins other good souls, worthy of his company.