All illegals report to the nearest church

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Those who think like that are in for a rude awakening. The DR cannot make distinction or preference for they will be watched closely by the various organizations to make sure it does not happen.

Deportations will happen. Register and get your papers in order. You'll have no excuse.

Last edited:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Then Dominican Today translation is incorrect as all other newspapers I've read also say starting
in June.

Dominican Today uses Bablefish to translate. Then a brief read over by a person who is not a native English speaker. Also, they do not credit the source.

DR1 is a far better news source, using highly trained and paid human translators, compiling several sources, condensing the news, and citing sources.

JuanDolioLiving

Sep 7, 2010
The person that said that in England or Switzerland you don't have to pay to become a citizen of those nations after marrying a national from those country. Let me tell you how much does cost for anyone that married an American citizen and wants to become a legal resident of the USA. Well it cost around 800.00USD and in the DR you only have to expend around 350.00USD if you do it yourself without using any lawyer.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
The person that said that in England or Switzerland you don't have to pay to become a citizen of those nations after marrying a national from those country. Let me tell you how much does cost for anyone that married an American citizen and wants to become a legal resident of the USA. Well it cost around 800.00USD and in the DR you only have to expend around 350.00USD if you do it yourself without using any lawyer.

First of all, no idea how it works in the US ( and no need to ).
I agree that nowadays it is more and more difficult in europe and especially switzerland, to marry and become a citizen.....
Why ? First because of the huge increase in " white " weddings ( basically paying someone in order to get a passport ), in part.
And of course because we are talking about 2 diffrent things.
I probably will take flack for this, but here goes......
Dominicans who leave for abroad, do so for economic reasons, simply put, to earn more money..... ( yes, I know some dominicans are wealthy beyond my dreams, but it is a small minority.......).
Most expats are not coming to the dr in search of better paid jobs....... they come here to spend there hard ( or not) earned money.......

Secondly I hope u are right about the 350$ cost........ but I doubt it, I have to start the process in a dr embassy. I guess all the paperwork ( docter consultation, birth certificate, police record and so on........) needs to be translated into spanish...... in the dr does not cost much bit back home......
I ll see in a couple of months time when I go for the residencia visa........

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
in this country they would lose lots of money if it was possible deport all the illegals ,in the US we would save billions on welfare if we deported them.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Nobody said that all illegals will be deported.(I'm quite sure there will lots who will register) But those illegals who do not register will be deported.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Nobody said that all illegals will be deported.(I'm quite sure there will lots who will register) But those illegals who do not register will be deported.

In a perfect world yes they would be deported, but in this country, the DR won't pay to deport anyone.......the politico would rather put the money in his pocket.......

I know quite a few people that can't afford to pay for a flight, let alone pay for registration as a foreigner, so they stay illegal, and the DR won't pay for their deportation flights.....the article I read says the illegals will have to leave, not get deported.....

The DR will probably just send them to the Haitian side of the border and let someone else worry about the problem.....lol....

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
The regularization plan will state what the gov't will do for those who need assistance with air fare.

Seriously, if an illegal foreigner does not have the money to get regularize, then that person
has no business being in the DR.

We will just have to wait and see. :classic:

Last edited:

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
The regularization plan will state what the gov't will do for those who need assistance with air fare.

Seriously, if an illegal foreigner does not have the money to get regularize, then that person
has no business being in the DR.

We will just have to wait and see. :classic:

The people I am talking about are the retired pensioners, that arrived here quite a while ago, and now only have a small pension to survive. They can live here, pay rent, pay bills and have an ok life, but have no extra income to pay for registration, let alone a flight back to their country......

Like you said lets wait and see.......

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
So these pensioners never applied for residency when they moved to the DR? That's the first thing they should have done.:ermm: That was a big mistake to continue to live in the DR as illegals.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
But since ALL dr institutions seemed to advise AGAINST it, maybe thats why they didnt.........:alien:

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
All Institutions? My stepmother is Puerto Rican (US citizen) and one of my brother in laws is American and the first thing they did when they moved to the DR was apply for residency.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
I am not saying u couldnt, all I am saying is for the past 4 years, before I come for my 6 month span, the dr embassys in france, britain and switzerland, always tell me not to bother........( even have official letters to that respect )
And once I am here after my 30 days are up, I take a trip to l'officina de la migration in santiago, to extend the tourist visa, and they say not to bothed....... and I inquire EACH time about residency, they ask if I work in the dr, I say no, and they answer, dont bother ( and I am with my lawyer by the way )..........

So up to dr institutions to sort there act out. It is one thing to write up new laws, but apparently the law is not even worth the paper it is written on.....

malko

Jan 12, 2013
And of course I got married here, with all the necessary paperwork, prepared in advance with the swiss and dr embassys abroad.........
And nobody blinked an eye lash that an illegal british citizen can get married LEGALLY in the dr.......... go figure.........

But dont let all that get in ure way, I am sure it is all perfectly........ normal!!!!!

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
I see. Before it was not required but now with the Regularization Plan it will be. For those who do not have their residency it will just be a matter of registering.