Alternative to Villa Pajon in Constanza?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
We want to go to Constanza December 18th to 21st.

I wanted to book Villa Pajon. :( Next time available is March / April go figure :D...

So, any recommendations (for 2 adult, rustico, chimenea) besides the few others on tripadvisor? Thanks for your input!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Does it have to be in the middle of nowhere like VP? There is one place I can think of, a community-run eco-lodge, but I can't remember the name now. Otherwise everything else is in or just outside the town. What about villa rentals?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Does it have to be in the middle of nowhere like VP? There is one place I can think of, a community-run eco-lodge, but I can't remember the name now. Otherwise everything else is in or just outside the town. What about villa rentals?

Villa Rentals are just too expensive for a weekend and for just a couple. We don't want to spend much more than 3000 DOP per night.

Since living in Santo Domingo we would prefer as far out in the middle of nowhere as possible but negotiable ;).

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
This is the one I was thinking of - http://ecoangostura.com/
Never been there myself but would like to go - it's a community eco-tourism initiative built and run by local people, with support of USAID, Peace Corps.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
:) Not sure. Looks too much of typical campo which we have when we visit family of my better half. We look for something with a little more touch of "honeymoon"... :D.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Seems we are too late for this year. Rancho Constanza, Villa Pajon and another no vacancies. Rancho Guaraguao closed for renovacion... The rest is in town as it looks like and not what we want...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
This is the one I was thinking of - http://ecoangostura.com/
Never been there myself but would like to go - it's a community eco-tourism initiative built and run by local people, with support of USAID, Peace Corps.

This place is a long way from Constanza . It is just past Jarabacoa ; on the otherside of Manabao. It is a nice location, not isolated but not a noisy place with lots of people. You will be able to purchase excellent coffee.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
:) Not sure. Looks too much of typical campo which we have when we visit family of my better half. We look for something with a little more touch of "honeymoon"... :D.
Then Villa Pajon was probably not the best choice either, with no electricity.