Am I right?

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
INfo on school is great Thanks again!

Hey timex..Keep on ticking..Oh..The school emailed me (I called them to get an English version of their info) It only costs $250 DM To put my 4 yr old in school!!! I assume it is monthly..Less than $10 and the school looks great Computers and nice looking place! I am saving their info for my move. I may move close enough to SD Just for that school it seems very nice! May have ot put all the village kids in their too..Not really but maybe a few if it is that cheap! :) Thanks again and Jigglebelly..I should have your name!! I love it! :) Pam

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If ONLY that were correct!!!! I would enrole my kids today!!!!

You have mixed up pesos for dollars,or something!!!!! If you are talking about "New Horizones",it is very expensive!!! Better re-check!
I didn't know that you were going to live in Santo Domingo??? Is that correct?? Cris Colon

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Thats in U.S. Dollars @ month.

For a 4 year old, that sounds about right, in U.S. dollars.
There is an inscription fee, for 1st timers.
I checked out the CMS, when I first landed, But the price was too much for us.

Criss, I never said the school was cheap, but dollar for dollar, it was a good price compared to CMS.
And over all, their price's are not to far from good private schools back home, (NY,LI).

By the way, my 5 year old is in a local catholic school, where I live.

Thanks
Tim H.

Last edited:

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
Price of schools.....

Hey Chris I will forward you the email the school sent me it said DR$250 for a child 4 yrs old. $1000 for a high schooler I think. Send me your email address I will forward the download they sent me today. Maybe I am mistaken but a lady who left the DR who is a lurker here on DR1 told me she paid $10 a month for private school for her kids so I thought that price was correct..Unless it is $250 a day...But I doubt the local could send their kids at that price. Tell me how I can forward it to you. I will move closer to SD if my son can go to a good school. I am really worried about that all other problems of the DR are not a real problem for me just my son's future education. So let me know I will send the info the school sent me this AM. I called them on the phone since the info on the internet is in Spanish and they sent me a letter. Pam

kiai

Jun 1, 2007
Rental or home stay in Santo Domingo

I am coming to Dr in Dec.2007.I want to rent a small but clean place.Dont want to pay tourist prices.I want to hook up with locals and expats and pay real prices local prices.Any ideas anyone.Oh ya for one month to explore possibility of moving there to teach english and maybe try to build eco friendly homes.Please PM me.thanks ya'll

Kia'i
Vancouver Canada

swooperman

Oct 10, 2007
You are a person who knows how to ask a question that will get some insightful answers. Good job!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
swooperman, you sound like a fortune cookie! :classic:

This is an old thread. Would be good to leave it alone to attract dust in its own corner of the DR1 archives.