American Airlines

JOSE MARTINEZ

Dec 15, 2003
Why do we love to hate American Airlines?

The Answer is the solution to our country's problems; Because we are selfish. Everyone is proud of the flag and supports every airline or scam that advertises itself as a Dominican carrier. Stop thinking about yourself and your thirty minute delay, my bag did not arrived, I didn't get moro or the flight was bumpy. AA is an integral part of the DR economy. Where would the DR be wthout AA and it's support for the DR. AA has supported and continues to support our development. Anyone who feels differently is an idiot. AA opens the DR to the world, strenghtening our economy. We advocate the arrival of Jet Blue, Delta, and United so they can kick AA's butt. That's where the problem lies, AA has supported every airport we've opened and continues to support our country. AA employs thousands of Dominicans. Everyone else outsources their labor. How do we pay them, by supporting it's demise. Those that capitalize on the risks AA took on our behalf. Why does Delta and United express interest in coming now, Why didn't they take the risk twenty years ago. Yes, let's support competition for AA. Let's not forget your precious CO, who waits for AA set up the infracsture and when profit is assured we'll come in. Let's support our countrie's leaches. That has always been our nature and will continue to be.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
JOSE MARTINEZ said:
Why do we love to hate American Airlines?
AA employs thousands of Dominicans. Everyone else outsources their labor.

Are you counting Dominicans living in the USA in this statement? I seriously doubt for their service in SDQ, STI, POP combined etc., they have "thousands" of anybody employed.

Still, unlike Aeromar et al, they are in business and show up each day, and it will be a while (never, in my estimate) until you see UA, DL, or Jet Blue in the DR. Other than charter service that is, and even then probably not.

I am not sure generally speaking everyone is supporting their demise, either.

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
well we love AA because its one of the of the older airlines to serve dominican republic in 25-30 years and they served santiago,santo domingo,punta cana,la romana and puerto plata to san juan,boston,FLL,jfk,mia,sxm and boston. Also AA operates 3 daily flights from JFK-SDQ-JFK and EX, NA operates from 3- 7 WEEKLY.
i really love AA because you can earn money by buying ticket on the internet www.aa.com
contienental is doing a great job on EWR-SDQ-EWR route with a 777-200. also EX with jfk-SDQ-JFK AND SDQ-SJU-SDQ routes.
i will give AA a 10 and CO a 8
in the future we will see AA having routes from DR to ORD,DALLAS, MAYBE LAX.

Last edited:

Dominicanoxp

Dec 19, 2002
hey

why don't you go to www.airliners.net and post it there
let's see what "the expert tell you" jajajajaja

AA opens the door to the world LMAO are you drunk?
AA is big economy for the nation jajaja u smoked?

if american is so powerfull why don't they help the country to become cat1 why not build another runway so go aroud will necer occur why not build more terminal
papa go to airliners.net

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
Delta, JetBlue, United...Bring them on!!!

AA - Competition = Monopoly = Price Control = Bad for Pockets
AA + Competition = Competition = Price War = Good for Pockets

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Why Should They?

Dominicanoxp said:

if american is so powerfull why don't they help the country to become cat1 why not build another runway so go aroud will necer occur why not build more terminal

They don't need Cat 1 or other terminals to operate to and from the DR. You suggest they should spend their ( which comes from me) money help the DR become able to compete directly with them? You are kidding I hope.

JOSE MARTINEZ

Dec 15, 2003
As a matter of fact yes, I was drunk when I wrote it. Self fullfilling prophephy. Our country's biggest source of income is tourism, right. Well let me guess, Our millions of tourist arrived in donkey's, right.
Employment: Dominicans who live abroad are still Dominicans aren't they?.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Yes, and

JOSE MARTINEZ said:
As a matter of fact yes, I was drunk when I wrote it. Self fullfilling prophephy. Our country's biggest source of income is tourism, right. Well let me guess, Our millions of tourist arrived in donkey's, right.
Employment: Dominicans who live abroad are still Dominicans aren't they?.

You still have no idea how many Dominicans AA employs anywhere and I still doubt it's thousands.

And count your country's blessings that AA exists with the tourism revenue beng so important since DR based airlines have done a pretty crappy job of competing.

Would you prefer only Aeromar et al and thus nobody would be able to visit? Even as a monoploy Aeromar would have made a mess of it and gone broke.

Dominicanoxp

Dec 19, 2002
cat1 needs new equipment
do u know how hard is to land a heavy jet with max payload allowable in a fog like santiago

papa mire el pais de nosotros es una tierra llena de oportuninades y de ingreso lo que pasa
es que no dejamos gobernar por burros
como hipilito
ah y el que tiene el turismo parao no es american si no fello
por que en puj solo ahy aviones de american
verdad
solo digo puj por que es numero uno

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
Ok
AA is serving DR since 1970's, good.

But...
They are not doing us a favor.
They don't fly dominicans for free!!!
They keep flying since that time cuz they know DR it's very good market.
Did you know that after London, U.K.; The Dom. Rep. it's the most profitable destination for AA???
Yes for that AA, the biggest airline in the world.
Our small country is HUGE in importance.

Or if it wasn't like that, do you think they'll keep flying to DR???

If they really love and care about dominicans passengers,
why when the A300 crashed from JFK to SDQ, they DID stop using it to London, but not to DR.
Did u know AA used to fly a 767 to SDQ and they stopped it???

What did they do???The started flying to SDQ with an all A300 fleet.
If they really like us, why don't they use 767 or 777 for those daily flights to DR???
Cuz if u know, a 767 it's very expensive to operate and more when u have it with a configuration for long flights to Europe, that means, less seats.
A Boeing 777, that big bird, under AA is only configurated for around 240 PAX, cuz they mostly use it to Asia, South America and Europe not the Caribbean.
And the A300 can seat around 260 PAX maybe more.
The A300 is the plane in AA's fleet able to seat more pax than anyother of those they have.
So 260 PAX by US$500 a tikect... mmm, sounds good.
By 4 flights a day, mmm, good!!!
Plus 2 flight to STI, mmm, this is sounding very good my friend!!!

And the A300 is far the expensive in operation compared to the 767. I mean, cheaper!!! Good!!!

They flew once from SDQ to SXM, even when SXM it's not a U.S. territory. Why???
Cuz the love the dominicans and maybe they tought we deserve an airline doing that for us???
Hell no!!!
Cuz they know all the dominicans living there and the know we don't have a solid national carrier, I know they would love to be the dominican airline, but if the corrupts in the Goverment permit it, other airlines will like to do the same in different countries.

So, this is my point.
They don't love DR as a country, maybe the AA CEO doesn't even know where it's DR located on a map, but if there is something that he knows it's the fact that DR became the number 1 destination in the Caribbean, that the dominicans fly all year long, that we don't have a national airline and we pay any fare just to visit our land.

Why did they stop flying from Barahona to Puerto Rico???
Cuz it wasn't profitable and they don't want to lose money.
They wanna take any single dollar from travelers' pockets.

Or did AA help DR when hurricane Georges???
How many school do they support with money the get from the tickects to DR???
Why don't they bring tourist from cities such Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas???
Why do they only fly from BOS, JFK, MIA, SJU and MAZ. (I think they fly FLL). (Because the tourists the take to DR???
So, please, don't post your personal opinion trying to make the people believe they are dominican's saviors.
They are just a COMPANY, getting benefit and taking AAdvantage of the situation in DR.

That's reality, they fly to DR cuz bussines, not cuz friendship with our people.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
One Sentence that makes Sense

Flakko said:
That's reality, they fly to DR cuz bussines, not cuz friendship with our people.

What else did you expect? The rest of this diatribe is babbling and you are not making sense. They make money and do that by serving the DR. You aren't even making a reasonable argument any more other than to justify they should be serving the DR which they do.

BTW if you are in LA you connect in MIA on the way to the DR. You know perfectly well that all major US airlines connect through hubs - at least the routes they use from NY and MIA are cities with a lot of Dominicans who dont have to connect. Do you honestly think there should be a flight to the DR from every city in the US?

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
Sir

I don't mean I want a flight from every city in U.S.
What I mean is this.
AA doesn't take that many tourist to DR, the airlines from Europe and Canada do.
I have flown AA several times as almost any dominican living in U.S. and I can honestly say if I have seen 3 non-dominican travelers, that's a lot.
I know the dominicans count as tourists if they live in U.S., but the ones going to dominican resorts, most of them come form places that AA doesn't serve.
They do to PR in PR they can thank to AA for their tourism, but not the DR.

JOSE MARTINEZ

Dec 15, 2003
AMERICAN AIRLINES

As a consumer, When you spend a dollar, you are not only responsible for who you gets your buck but also how that person chooses to further spend your dollar. With your precious Air Santo Domingo, guess where the dollar goes; Foreign leases, pilots, F/A and the list goes on. For the untrained eyes the picture is different, You'll see three dominican F/A and a few ticket agents, Doing the grunt work for the airline. AA has Dominican pilots, mechanics, agents and a few holding managent positions with AA. I don't agree with the bottom feeder of the airline industry like Transmeridian wearing my country's flag, so I'll never support it.

As for the argument about 76 versus the A-300 do your homework before you speak out of your rear. The sole purpose of the Bus was to serve the caribbean, The Caribbean couldn't support a fleet of thirty something airplane until now, AA used them in European runs witch proved to be unprofitable. Due to weight restrictions. The Bus proved to be the perfect plane for the 3-5 hrs flight and the cargo demands imposed on them.

Again the lack of research; AA donated bellies of A/C for humanitarian aids during hurricane george. AA sponsors tons of sporting events in the DR republic. I can't speak the current AA CEO But the latter two Crandall and Carty know exactly where the DR is and have been there several times.

Merengue

Dec 10, 2003
you said,

So 260 PAX by US$500 a tikect... mmm, sounds good.
By 4 flights a day, mmm, good!!!
Plus 2 flight to STI, mmm, this is sounding very good my friend!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

and it only cost to operat maybe under $30,000.

jajajajajajajajaajjaajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Stop Posting Please

Flakko said:
Sir

I don't mean I want a flight from every city in U.S......blah..blah...blah..etc.

You never made an actual point, or provided any evidence to support anything and are posting now only to see your words on the internet. Please stop now because you are woefully uninformed and try to make combative issues of of nothing.

Also I suggest you stop flying on AA, since you seem to have an irrational hatred for them and they I am sure can do without your tiny amount of business.

Stand in line at the Aeromar ticket counter and wait for them to come back instead.

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
we don't fly free and we dont know why AA crashed by going to SDQ. things that happen is life.
AE had still flights from santo domingo to SXM.
one more thing AA used the A300 to caribbean beacause its got alot cargo space then the 767,757.
AA is doing much better now to dr.

Last edited:

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
AA es una compania enorme, y siempre habra buenas y malas experencias,y no solo en AA, esto se ve en todas.

Me imagino que AA hara su servicios a la comunidad y prestara su ayuda a la cominidad Dominicana, como lo hace DL en muchos lugares del todo Mundo, que construimos casas y cosas asi para la comunidades.

SR martinez, les digo que por que AA tenga empleados Dominicanos es muchas parte, eso aca no significa nada,,,eso es oportunidad igualada de empleos.

Yo tengo bastantes amistades en UAL,NW, DL,us, co, HP, ASA, comair que son mas dominicanos que yo....y esto no significa nada.

Yo pienso que ninguna compania aerea no viajaria a ningun lugar k no les dejes $$$ profit.

UAL, CO abandonaron algunos lugares de latino america...y eso no kiere significar que sean malas companias.

Sabian ustedes que hace 51 anos k delta Volaba a Cuidad de trujillo???

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
Latino, tienes raz?n en lo que dices.

Mi punto es que AA vuela a RD, porque es buen mercado.
Y lo otro es que, no estoy de acuerdo con que los dominicanos debemos estarles agradecidos de sobremanera, ese es mi punto.

Ellos no son ese gran empleador para los dominicanos.

Aqu? en U.S. hay muchos dominicanos trabajando en otras l?neas a?reas que ni siquiera vuelan a RD.
Eso no quiere decir que sean una enorme fuente de empleo para los dominicanos, ni que hay que agradecerles nada.

That's my point.
I don't hate them, I don't fly them either (AA).
Not only AA, every single airline fly to DR and all around the globe for bussines.
So, we have nothing to thank them, I mean nothing in particular.

The give a good service, ok.
Everybody is free to fly the airline of their choice.

Pero, como dominicano, considero que no hay una raz?n que nos haga pensar que son los mejores, ni que hacen un esfuerzo a nuestro favor volando desde y hacia RD.
Es cuanto.