American formatted radio station

Gregg

Apr 26, 2004
yes and no

Rocky said:
That tune is one of my all time favorites. Not only is it very musical, but it exemplifies the dilemna in life, with regards to wanting to be pacifistic, yet, if push comes shove, we often have little choice but to use violence to combat violence.
Bruce Cockburn is nothing less than a musical genious and a spokesman for our times.

went to see Bruce about 10 years ago at an outdoor concert in Toronto. excellent musician, sure. but after about one hour i was so depressed! i have never felt so bad about being an affluent, white male from and industrialized nation.

never before did i go home from a concert feeling like i should find a large vein and slice it! even Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen don't bum me out like Bruce does. of course, Bruce is an amazing guitarist. maybe it was one if his darker phases....

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
J J Cale

Gregg said:
went to see Bruce about 10 years ago at an outdoor concert in Toronto. excellent musician, sure. but after about one hour i was so depressed! i have never felt so bad about being an affluent, white male from and industrialized nation.

never before did i go home from a concert feeling like i should find a large vein and slice it! even Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen don't bum me out like Bruce does. of course, Bruce is an amazing guitarist. maybe it was one if his darker phases....
Same thing happened to me with J J Cale, one of my favorite musicians, and his show sucked big time.
It must not be easy to a musician on the road and always have to be "up".