Amoebas & Parasites?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Fishy, yes ... blender drink

I had forgotten about the papaya.

We have a new recipe here

Blender drink = papaya seeds, hot sauce and rum..... all from the helpful folks on this thread.

I think I'll go have slug of tap water :lick: just to test the new formula

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Amoebriz

there is a variety of medicine for that, it depends exactly on what bacteria/amoeba/parasite.

generally doctors in DR prescribe several different medicines. there is aforementioned nitazoxanida, sold as a complete treatment of 6 pills, you take one pill every 12 hours for 3 days. a packet would cost about 400-600 pesos, depending on a brand.
there is also amoebriz (a combination of mebendazole and quinfamida). it is sold in a box of one pills. you take both of them in one go and voila, done. costs about 500 pesos.
other popular medicine is gabbroral 500 mg. also sold in DR under the name paramox (from a local lab). you take one pill a day for 6 days. each pill is about 50 pesos.

So I found amoebriz. 2 tablets $742 pesos. Question can I take them before bed so I can forget I had to take them or should I take them after a meal? Thanks

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
So I found amoebriz. 2 tablets $742 pesos. Question can I take them before bed so I can forget I had to take them or should I take them after a meal? Thanks

take both pills together. time of the day is not so important in terms of absorption.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
bioavailability of mebendazole (this is one of the compounds) is increased slightly if taken with food (especially greasy food). so yes, take with food or right after.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
bioavailability of mebendazole (this is one of the compounds) is increased slightly if taken with food (especially greasy food). so yes, take with food or right after.

Had to look bioavailability up but got it. Thanks again.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
sorry, i should have explained: bioavailability is basically how effective the medicine is. when injected it is 100% because the medicine is introduced directly into the bloodstream. when the medicine is taken orally the absorption is different. in the case of this particular medicine greasy food helps to increase the absorption ever so slightly. some medicine is meant to be taken with food and other is best of an empty stomach.

i hope helps :)

TP666

Sep 6, 2005
I have been treated with guanabana tea by three different natives here on the island. I have never eaten the ugly piece of fruit, but the tea gets them damn bugs in two days. And drink the tea for 2 more days even after you are shytting correctly.
Der Fish
Makes a great drink - Sour Sop or was it sweet sop- anyway both so good