An adventure to the capital ? how to renew Residency and Cedula, the hard way!!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I would have to agree with you. My recent dealings with the British Embassy have been appalling. What exactly is their purpose? Helping British citizens does not seem to be an agenda these days. Although they are very good at losing passports, delaying visa re-issuance and giving out wrong information that contradicts the FCO. I have found their customer facing staff to be extremely rude and unhelpful. They are an embarrassment to the United Kingdom. And Mr Fisher doesn't seem to care either!

I called into the Embassy early on Wednesday morning but the person I needed to see was in a meeting but would call me when free at which point I intended to return to complete the necessary Stolen Passport form (LSO1). I didn't receive a call but returned just after lunchtime but the doors were closed and locked. I got a response from the email I sent yesterday morning to say that the telephone number I left with them went to a voicemail message saying that the number was unavailable.

The person who emailed me is now on leave until 10th May so I have sent a message to her colleague as there was no mention of the form and where it should be sent but merely a reference to their website for details on how to obtain a replacement from Washington D.C. at a cost of ?140 which is almost double the UK charge which baffles me!

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
Why? Do you think Dominicans do.
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

This is true. One of my friend is living in this country for the past 20 years. He do not have Residency, Cedula or Driver's Licence. But he used to drive commercial heavy truck everyday to all over the country.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Talking of driving licences.... that went too as it was in my purse when my handbag was stolen. Anyone have any suggestions of how and where I can go to get a replacement and what the cost might be? The current licence was not due to expire until December 2011.