An Ecological Theme Park???

snowqueen

Dec 15, 2004
Don't call me an environmentalist

just a realist. I have seen so many developments that try to market themselves as good for the environment. How about a development called Forest Vista where they cut down most of the forest in order to develop?? The remainder of the forest is now dying, as the ecosystem was so badly compromised.

I just get a little tired of seeing people hop on the 'aren't we great' bandwagon, when often they are just trying to capitalize on a popular issue. If they do it right, and the local people can benefit, and they are going to commit to long term restoration and management of the lands, then I say go for it. I guess I'm just a little jaded.

Jan 12, 2006
Eureka!

EUREKA!
The answer to What in the world is an Ecological Theme ParK?
Mickey will impersonate Kermit. Just pretending to be green. Of course, as we all know "It is not easy being Green".
By the way, the Fanjul brothers met with Leonel and the others. FOLLOW THE SUGAR: Check <opensecrets.org/pubs/cashingin_sugar/sugar08html.> Dont miss "Sugar First Family" and "The Battle of the Everglades".
There are other ways of creating jobs. Leave the Parks alone. Keep the Mega-Corporations and greedy politicians OUT!!!
Josia-Mundo Verde.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2006
I am not totally opposed to the idea of an eco-park, but I'm against it at this particular site. If the government of DR and the XCaret group really want to do something to help the environment, let the government find XCaret an alternate site where they can create the park that they desire in exchange for whatever funds the government receives being specifically earmarked for the restoration and conservation of El Parque Nacional Del Este.

That makes more sense to me, but somehow I don't see it happening, because that makes it more difficult for someone in the administration to pocket the money.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Jose A. Grullon Suro said:
.... What in the world is an Ecological Theme ParK?... Josia-Mundo Verde.

The use of the term 'ecological' in this context (theme park) is a misnomer, and the appropriate term should be 'nature', as in 'nature theme park', however, the term 'nature' tends to have the connotation of nudist or clothing optional...