Android? Affordable?

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
Using an OTG cable will this phone support a flash drive, mouse, or keyboard?

Yes and no. Nexus 5 hardware can support it, but you need to download the software so that OTG is recognized.

Does Nexus 5 Support USB OTG? How to enable USB OTG? Check the video to find out - YouTube

Info (in case anyone was wondering): OTG (On the Go) allows USB devices such as digital audio players or cell phones to act as a host, allowing other USB devices like a USB flash drive, digital camera, mouse, or keyboard to be attached to them.

Last edited:

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
I'm sure you've all seen that cell phones here are priced outrageously. (And those phones at that price ONLY work on Claro). There is a better alternative and it works on Claro, Orange, or Viva. (Tricom is CDMA and this phone is GSM).

If you want the best Android experience without the bloatware (the stuff the manufacturer and service provider put on the phone), ease of use, and most bang for your buck, you're in luck.

[URL="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=n

At 179.99(8GB)-199.99(16GB) you can ship it here without paying any tax.

moto-x-comparison.jpg

:)

Thanks to the OP. It is a great idea for walking around with a "cheapie" android without fear of losing my expensive one.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I have a Nexus 5 and love it. Fast as lightning, no lag time ever, costs $350 plus tax and shipping from Google Play Store. I use it both in the DR and the US. I just take the Sim out and put the other one in and it works. It uses Nano Sim, which you can get easily here.

The Nexus 5 would be a step above the Moto G and well worth the few extra bucks. I have had mine a week and like you say SKY this baby is fast, fast, fast. I use an OTG cable and a $10 miini USB keyboard and the Nexus 5 is almost like having a tiny laptop.

Buzz104

Apr 5, 2014
I carry my iphone 5s for work and use a LG G2 for my personal phone here using Orange. My wife has a Nexus 5 and loves it. I use an OTG cable for both the G2 and nexus 5.

The G2 and N5 both have powerful 800 snapdragon processors, however the N5 runs much smoother with kitkat.