animation team jobs @ all inclusives

drmc

Jun 10, 2007
I am an American living and working with kids in the DR ... teaching English, etc. I have a student who I work with who will be graduating high school this summer and although very smart and talented, does not have the opportunity to go to university. From what I know about the younger Dominicans who work at the all-inclusive resorts here, she has a lot of the skills needed for that kind of job and I would really like to help her find something there ...(she is a phenomenal volleyball player, all around athlete, speaks near fluent English, knows lots of dances including STEP dancing, and has had lots of experience working with Americans and Canadians). From what I know it is hard to get a job at these hotels unless you have a connection and know people there .... does anyone have any advice on what I can do to get this girl a shot at this type of work!?

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Have her go to the Human Resources office at each resort until she gets a job. Help her with a resume and she should be ok.

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
A friend of mine found the hotel he wanted to work at and hounded them for weeks. They finally saw his drive and told him that since he had no experience in the field, they'd give him the opportunity but without pay. He worked for a month as if he were on salary and they were very glad to take him after the "probation" period. Your student may have to try extra hard with no previous experience.

Kaki