Another American Fat (Fast) Food Joint!!!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
And their bacon... wooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. great stuff!!! Sometimes you'll get a 1 lb pack with only 5 slices.... yeah!!!!!
I get bacon custom sliced @ La Sirena.

That have unsmoked pig they will slice for you...

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
productos Chef, the only place i've been able to find their breakfast sausages is tropical supermarket in pop, their pastami is pretty decent as well.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
productos Chef, the only place i've been able to find their breakfast sausages is tropical supermarket in pop, their pastami is pretty decent as well.

I find all their products at least a magnitude better then their local competitors. Given a choice between Chef brand against any local brand, regardless of the product, I'll always choose Chef. Their bacon, Italian sausage and (Emilio) Hot Dogs are the best produced locally IMHO.

Now for the summer backyard BBQ don't forget to get Emilio's hotdogs, Jumbo brand hotdog buns, Del Monte can sauerkraut, Heinz 3 Piece Picnix Pack (ketchup, mustard & relish). Everything is available at Jumbo. If the Heinz 3 Piece Picnix Pack isn't at Jumbo it is available at La Sirena Super Pola. In fact buy everything except the hotdog buns anywhere it is available. The hotdog buns need to be purchased at Jumbo. If you'll be grilling up some tasty burgers get Jumbo hamburger buns, Chef bacon & Swiss or other cheese of your liking for some yummy bacon cheese burgers.

NotLurking

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I find all their products at least a magnitude better then their local competitors. Given a choice between Chef brand against any local brand, regardless of the product, I'll always choose Chef. Their bacon, Italian sausage and (Emilio) Hot Dogs are the best produced locally IMHO.

Now for the summer backyard BBQ don't forget to get Emilio's hotdogs, Jumbo brand hotdog buns, Del Monte can sauerkraut, Heinz 3 Piece Picnix Pack (ketchup, mustard & relish). Everything is available at Jumbo. If the Heinz 3 Piece Picnix Pack isn't at Jumbo it is available at La Sirena Super Pola. In fact buy everything except the hotdog buns anywhere it is available. The hotdog buns need to be purchased at Jumbo. If you'll be grilling up some tasty burgers get Jumbo hamburger buns, Chef bacon & Swiss or other cheese of your liking for some yummy bacon cheese burgers.

NotLurking

thanks for that information. i will try their products next time i shop

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
American style breakfast in Santiago; the "Square One" cafe in the Shell gas station across from the PUCMM entrance. They even have chocolate chip pancakes.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
JDJones, I mean the Jumbo brand of bun. The pepin is ok in my book but the Jumbo brand of hotdogs & hamburger buns are exceptionally good IMO. if you haven't yet give'em a try. I'm sure they wont disappoint you.

Hot dogs buns at Jumbo, but they should be the "Pepin" buns. They are smaller than the other brands, so your hotdog doesn't get lost on the bun.

Plus, they always sell out quickly, so if you see them, give a package a squeeze, and see how soft and fresh they are. Soooo good.

I'm still a big fan of the "Farmland" brand of hickory smoked hot dogs. Them's some goooood hot dogs.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I HATE All Of YOU!

I love ALL fast/junk food places!
You are making my "Diet" extremely hard to keep to.
Add to that,I happen to be in Boston,where all those places you keep mentioning can be found,usually within about 5 or 10 minutes away.
I have tried to not even think about them.
Luckily there is great sea food available here too.
Salmon,tuna,sea bass,cod,and scallops and clams "To Die For"!
I would also like to point out,that none of the American fast food franchises,either in the USA,or Santo Domingo,put a gun to anyones head to make them eat there.
I know it's "PC" now to blame everyone but yourself for the huge obesity problem in the US,but blame lack of self control,NOT the restaurants!
Sadly "self control" is difficult,and the "Blame Game" is easy!
I happen to be obese,it's MY Fault,not "McDonalds.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Back in the "Good Ol' Days",fat kids like me were said to have "Big Bones", never "Fat".
Trouble was,and is,those "Big Bones",were covered by "Big Fat"!
At 6'7" nobody ever called me "Fat",at least not to my face!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Actually the Jumbo brand hot dog buns are the smallest buns ive seen made in this country.... Like you said, hotdogs get lost in D.R. buns... ok that just sounded dirrrrtttyyyy... lol

They are about the same size as U.S. made hot dog buns. Pepin used to be my first choice until Jumbo Luperon opened up and started making U.S. style hot dog and hamburger buns.

Now if only we could find decent imported dogs at a decent price.... 289RD for a pack of Oscar Meyer all-beef dogs that expire in july is a joke.... Emilio's are the most tasteless dogs ive ever tried and as far as I can tell, that's the best the D.R. has to offer.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Back in the "Good Ol' Days",fat kids like me were said to have "Big Bones", never "Fat".
Trouble was,and is,those "Big Bones",were covered by "Big Fat"!
At 6'7" nobody ever called me "Fat",at least not to my face!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
CC, I LOVED guys like you! Still do!

I never called you "big boned" or "fat."

I called you "my lineman" and "teammate."

:cheeky:

Dec 26, 2011
Lastly, did someone solve the enigma of why hot dogs come 10 to a package, but buns only have 8?

You're meant to also buy a pack of Italian sausages(six to a pack) when you purchase your hot dogs. Buy two bags of buns and the universe is in perfect balance.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
JDJones, I mean the Jumbo brand of bun. The pepin is ok in my book but the Jumbo brand of hotdogs & hamburger buns are exceptionally good IMO. if you haven't yet give'em a try. I'm sure they wont disappoint you.

the very, very best hamburger bun in this land

Jo@nna

Apr 11, 2009
Can someone please tell me if they tried Denny's.... I will be in the airport in December and would love to have a grate b-fast since I will be arriving at 4:am ;-)

Budson

Mar 10, 2004
Can someone please tell me if they tried Denny's.... I will be in the airport in December and would love to have a grate b-fast since I will be arriving at 4:am ;-)

I work by the airport and eat at Denny's all the time. The food is very good, very Denny's, but with some Dominican flair. Service is excellent. Dominicans tend to over-cook eggs to my liking and Denny's does them just right. Servings are enormous.

I am not sure they are open 24-hours so arriving at 4AM might be an issue. Then again, by the time you go through immigration and get your bags you might be there just in time for lunch.... :)

They are on the 3rd floor food court.

Jo@nna

Apr 11, 2009
Budson:

Thank you for the information.....
Definitely going to try them out, dont mind waiting till they open!!!
;-)

world.clique

Nov 30, 2012
Denny's is great, love the breakfast. Sure hope this one comes to Santiago. it would be a nice option for breakfast.
You gotta be joking. Denny's is next to awful. But I'm told it varies by location in the United States. IHOP is much better. Strawberry Cheesecake pancakes are to die for. But I've discovered it's next to impossible to get an American breakfast in the DR. Don't know how you can screw up scrambled eggs, but they just don't taste the same.