Another attempted robbery in Sosua

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
At least time they did not stop and eat my food.

When they got my laptop they ate my left over BBQ chicken.

What is it with these robbers being so bold they will stop and eat your food?
The pond scums who broke into my moms house, before the attempted robbery/home invasion on us, they first broke into this old single ladies house down the road and took her chicken, rice and beans out of her fridge and warmed it up in the microwave and sat at her kitchen table and ate it infront of her while she was tied up on a chair.
Why couldnt one of them have chocked on bone!

Feb 15, 2005
Hello All,
many of us are a tad negligent when it comes to our own safety and it boggles the mind to think how careless we in believing that we are immune to intrusions.

You have to ask yourself how much time do I spend reviewing my home's, car and my own safety. Do you leave valuables in plain sight in your car, EVEN as you drive and then scramble to hide everything when you park to enter an establishment. It may be too late, as someone may have watched you hide something in the glove compartment or trunk of your car.

anyway this site may help give some ideas about how to better protect your place:

Home Security Tips

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Mike (op) they didn't take any beer, did they?

I think you need to get a guard dog.

No, 14 cases intact with the safe sitting on top of 5 cases right by the door so if they come back they can grab the safe full of rocks.

it's time for a safety deposit box because i came within seconds of losing all ID credit cards etc

We figure there was a look out up in the tiki hut and that scared them away.

This was not the Italian Job but the Dominican Job with no results and some planning.

I do not like Dogs at all, and being robbed is not that big of a deal as i said before it's a poverty tax and not an income tax so I can take a hit every now and then.

Seachange

Jan 13, 2004
www.Banker-Trust.com
Home Safes are Magnets for Theives

Home safes signal to locals that you are very rich and likely to have a hoard a cash stuffed in the safe. It's an invitation to be robbed if they know you have one. Beware that these days the thieves are more sophisticated and hence more selective. People who have home safes are always at the top of the target list.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Home safes signal to locals that you are very rich and likely to have a hoard a cash stuffed in the safe. It's an invitation to be robbed if they know you have one. Beware that these days the thieves are more sophisticated and hence more selective. People who have home safes are always at the top of the target list.

Another option is furniture with hidden compartments!!!!

Of course, you have to keep this a secret. There are pieces of furniture that you would never know has a secret compartment.

Just a thought.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Another option is furniture with hidden compartments!!!!

Of course, you have to keep this a secret. There are pieces of furniture that you would never know has a secret compartment.

Just a thought.

A thief would never read DR1 for ideas now would he/she?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
A thief would never read DR1 for ideas now would he/she?

You be surprised how hard it is to find these secret compartments. As far as the type of furniture and WHERE the compartment is, I am not telling!!!!

b.batista

Feb 21, 2008
Install motion detecting security software on your computer and record the thieves. Even if they steal the computer or smash it you will still have the evidence because the software can email you the video clips at the very same time as the crime is being committed.. The software is free and if you do not have a built in webcam you can get a top quality one for $1,000 RD. With video evidence of the criminals caught in the act of stealing there is a better than 50% chance of capture and conviction.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Install motion detecting security software on your computer and record the thieves. Even if they steal the computer or smash it you will still have the evidence because the software can email you the video clips at the very same time as the crime is being committed.. The software is free and if you do not have a built in webcam you can get a top quality one for $1,000 RD. With video evidence of the criminals caught in the act of stealing there is a better than 50% chance of capture and conviction.

that's too complicated.
just shoot 'em before they lay hand on your burgers and beers,
saves a lot of costs for lawyers/judges/prison aso also.
during today's world economy crisis we should think economically.
a 80 pesos shot, or just in case 2 for 160,
homesecurity never been more economically.
Mike