Another Expat Lost in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Losing balance and then recovering from it is what his sport is all about ..

you must be joking , you really can not be serious ..
or you just do not even remotely associate with Athletic types his age
.what they can do, makes those of us ( myself included ) who have put on a few pounds and many more years , look rather foolish .

lemme spell it out for you .. imo this man had a few, or quite a few cocktails or whatever else .
there is zero other possibility
I have no idea who you are. If you know me i can't even imagine how. But yes definitely a few pounds. I was born on a bike. I spent many years here riding up and down caliche-ridden lomas three sheets to the wind. I guess some element of luck, but the more you know the more experience the more luck. That kind of thing. We won't know if he was DUI. It really doesn't matter. He lost his balance and fell. Drunk or sober Olympic athlete or Medicare b recipient. I thought you had a theory like he was pushed. But now i have no idea why i even replied. Carry on old boy

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
This is very sad .. what a terrible way to go .

The Man was a KITE Surfing Instructor though ..

that pretty much cancels out the Out of Shape , no balance , weekend Warrior Scenario.
Something else was at Play here .. Dont want to speculate .. but how much effort would it have taken for him to Push off with his Left hand .
To literally fall into between the wheels .. that actually takes some doing
again, may he RIP .. very sorry this happened .
its such a terrible way to go .. those last 2 seconds .. Horrible .
If you don't want to speculate, then DON'T.

Maybe this poor person's family is reading this.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I have no Idea who you are , and I certainly would never Ride with someone like you just from your Admissions in the above post alone.
Yes, do carry on old boy .. hopefully we wont have to read about your mishap one day ..

Reactions: windeguy

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006

.what they can do, makes those of us ( myself included ) who have put on a few pounds and many more years , look rather foolish .

lemme spell it out for you .. imo this man had a few, or quite a few cocktails or whatever else .
Ditto

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

jd, you need to go there and take a look at what I'm talking about. Rent a moto and try it yourself - just make sure there isn't a cement truck behind you because you're going to go down if you do it at a shallow angle like he did. There's a lip on that asphalt with maybe a 6" drop or more down to the sidewalk and it's sandy. You take that at a shallow angle like he did and your rear wheel is going to kick out and you're going down in a split-second. Look at the video again.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
jd, you need to go there and take a look at what I'm talking about. Rent a moto and try it yourself - just make sure there isn't a cement truck behind you because you're going to go down if you do it at a shallow angle like he did. There's a lip on that asphalt with maybe a 6" drop or more down to the sidewalk and it's sandy. You take that at a shallow angle like he did and your rear wheel is going to kick out and you're going down in a split-second. Look at the video again.
Thank you for explaining it ... Lets hope this does not happen to anyone else before they fix it .
If this can happen to an Athlete like this guy, then no one is safe there.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Which side has been ignored?
The side along the businesses border the beach. The north side of the road where the man hit the uneven sidewalk and lost control. Much of the south side of that area now has nice sidewalks made with paving bricks.

I seriously doubt the man who died was inebriated.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
The side along the businesses border the beach. The north side of the road where the man hit the uneven sidewalk and lost control. Much of the south side of that area now has nice sidewalks made with paving bricks.

I seriously doubt the man who died was inebriated.
shame for the guy lost his life too early RIP ...one thing about this country is yes freedom is unlimited here but you have be careful ...many hidden dangers.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Just as in this case the depression along the curb caught the scooter's tire and flipped the front wheel tossing Adrian under the tires of the concrete truck, I have noticed & commented many times on the same thing in Puerto Plata along the edges of those new center-divide palm planters they are building.

Often repaving is done over and over and soon the level of asphalt is 4" above gutter line.

Just a tragedy but scooters and motos, bicycles, pedestrians and even small cars need to be aware of that 'trench' along the curb will grab you and dump you or twist an ankle or bend a rim.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It doesn't take much to get dumped on a scooter, a bit of sand or loose gravel on the pavement, a sharp curb..., and in this case going from high surface to lower surface the drivers momentum pushed him directly into the path of the cement truck. Unfortunate accident, mainly caused by impatience on the part of the scooter driver.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I've cleaned up most of their nonsense. Both are hanging from a thin thread.
52DA7AA2-DF2C-4E28-89B6-A218589596F3.jpeg

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Speaking of other hazardous areas if you are on a scooter.
The big excavation on the South side of the road near Charamicos has spread so much dirt on the road from overloaded trucks dripping off the sidewalk to the road - including dirt and mud all the way into Sosua it is bound to cause man passolas to slip and potentially crash.

You think since this is a government project they would be aware and equipped to clean the loose dirt (which turns to greasy mud in rain) a couple times during the work day.

It looks as if Mr. Aryomloo had a temporary parole from immigration that also expired meaning he was not eligible for re-entry into the US, unless he had updated that. He might have been deported had he tried, unless he had an asylum application on file.
That card, even if unexpired, only allows a holder to freely travel within the US but not internationally - so he would not automatically be readmitted had he come in from DR.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It looks as if Mr. Aryomloo had a temporary parole from immigration that also expired meaning he was not eligible for re-entry into the US, unless he had updated that. He might have been deported had he tried, unless he had an asylum application on file.
That card, even if unexpired, only allows a holder to freely travel within the US but not internationally - so he would not automatically be readmitted had he come in from DR.
With an Iranian passport, he would have never been allowed to board a plane to the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.